"In a One Horse Open Sleigh"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"In a One Horse Open Sleigh"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:11 pm

This Christmas Eve I decided to invite Mr. Checkers and members of my family over to my home for Christmas dinner--he has not been here for several years. So I have decorated to bring forth a lovely Christmas atmosphere with nice holiday music, candles, candies, homemade cookies, a beautiful Christmas tree and cards and you name it. Since Santa Claus's sleigh was not available, (due to the fact that it was needed to delivery Christmas gifts to children everywhere) I have hired an ambulance service to pick Mr. Checkers up literally and deliver him under our Christmas tree--wrapped of course. So from our heart and home to yours please have a most wonderful Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ms. Becky and staff
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "In a One Horse Open Sleigh"

Postby Palomino on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Thank you Ms Becky,
I would like to wish you and Mr. Checkers and all my checker friends a Merry Christmas and God's Blessing for the coming year.

Regards, "Pal" Bucker

There is good to be found in everyone, look for the best in others.

I'd like to share a bit of verse from one of my favorite poems by cowboy Baxter Black.

"It's a comf'terbul feelin' when you don't have to care
'Bout choosin' your words or being quite fair
Cause friends'll just listen, and let go on by
Those words you don't mean and not bat an eye.

It makes a friend happy to see your sucess.
They're proud of yer good side and forgive all the rest

All worldly riches and tributes of men
Can't hold a candle, to the worth of a friend."

At this time of year when giving is on our minds it's good to know that "Friendship" is a gift that lasts the whole year and rewards the giver as well as the recipient.
Palomino

"Christmas Memories"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:57 pm

What a wonderful time we all had together this Christmas. The ambulance (with drivers dressed in Santa's hats) brought Mr. Checkers over to my home for Christmas dinner. It has so nice to see him out--it had been a long time since he has been able to leave his home. We had his favorite dinner--pork chops, green beans, baked potatoes, and hot rolls--with tea. Along with that we had nice Christmas music, scented candles, homemade candies and cookies. This Christmas will be a wonderful memory for him. And as an added plus I put up the Christmas cards that were received this year at our museum from his friends in checkers. I would like to thank each and every one of you that helped make this a very special Christmas for Mr. Checkers. (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia