Should not ask.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Should not ask.

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:56 pm

:( :( :( Ok, i just have to ask this although i don't think that's appropiated. Are there any places available for Nemesis in the net for free to get? I want that Nemesis software so bad!!!
Checkers is like being in heavens.
CheckersStrongplayer

Re: Should not ask.

Postby matthewkooshad on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:35 pm

Why do you say you should not ask, but yet you ask? http://nemesis.info as you know is where to go to purchase a copy of nemesis. If the product were free, the buying information on that website would not exist.

You are wasting people's time by asking someone of cake and how to use it with 8 piece database etc. People reply to you giving you their energy, and you put forth no energy trying to use what was suggested to you. I suggest since you do not want to or do not have funding to purchase nemesis that you should read over the reply given by Ed on your topic regarding cake: http://www.usacheckers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=833
matthewkooshad

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:37 pm

Nemesis is commercial product with price $119. The only legal way to get it for free - if someone pay for you, or author of program, Mr. Murray Cash, gift you :lol: Is there any specific reason - you don't want to pay for Nemesis ? There are "free" and very good programs available - KingsRow and Cake. You can use them.

It was well proved, that "free" doesn't mean "cheap" :lol: :!:

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:23 am

Maybe because i'm dead broke, i don't work because i don't have the age to do so, and still stuck in school...Sophomore year to be specific. And why are you being so hateful with me Matt i'm just trying to make friends here, i did go into what Ed suggested i tried to go over it and understand it, but unfornutely i didn't understand it.
CheckersStrongplayer

Postby matthewkooshad on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:50 am

CheckersStrongplayer wrote:Maybe because i'm dead broke, i don't work because i don't have the age to do so, and still stuck in school...Sophomore year to be specific. And why are you being so hateful with me Matt i'm just trying to make friends here, i did go into what Ed suggested i tried to go over it and understand it, but unfornutely i didn't understand it.
Ok, so you are not able to get nemesis at this moment; do not be sad about that. Cake/KingsRow is very good. I don't know why you followed his reply with a question about a program being better than another program when you didn't understand the notes he gave about how to do what was being requested; you did tell him thanks, which was very nice of you.

I'm trying to help you and give you advice though bud -- don't take it as hate. Ed has written out nice instructions on the website that he provided in his post: http://pages.prodigy.net/eyg/Checkers/K ... nglish.htm
I will try to write a guide for this to try to make it appear more simple and post a link sometime. Give Ed's notes a try though, ok.
matthewkooshad

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:22 pm

All right!!! Thanks man, i really appreciated what you're doing here.
CheckersStrongplayer

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:28 pm

So all the database for Chinook endgame's database is over The total download size of almost 2.7 GB. Unzipped size is 5.6 GB WOw!!! I'm sure that if it's this huge it could beat. Once Unziped it's 5.6 and Ziped its 2.7
CheckersStrongplayer

Return to General Discussion