Is there checker playing in Maryland?

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Is there checker playing in Maryland?

Postby Pedro Saavedra on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:52 pm

Twenty-five years ago when I moved to Maryland I asked this question and ACF answered in the negative. Today I have yet to find a player (on-line or in a crosstable) listed from Maryland. The Maryland title is vacant. But Alex says he knows many good players from Maryland.

I know there are International Checkers players, but I am looking for 3-move or GAYP straight checkers. I only play server-based e-mail checkers these days, but if a Maryland tourney takes place I would play and show up "in the flesh".

So, Allen or somebody else, can you go through the list and see if there are any other Maryland members. And are any active? As an adoptive Marylander I feel some shame that our smaller neighbor, Delaware, has activity and we do not?

Also, the District of Columbia also has Pool checkers activity, but do we have any members there?
Pedro Saavedra

Re: Is there checker playing in Maryland?

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:29 pm

Pedro, did you try to contact with Mac Banks, ACF Secretary, for addresses of Maryland residents - members of ACF ?
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Pedro Saavedra on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:02 pm

Mr. Beckwith wrote me and there is one address ... in Baltomore. I have a written letter which I am about to mail.

Pedro
Pedro Saavedra

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:46 pm

Pedro Saavedra wrote:there is one

Pedro, in Russian language - "one means one, and two means - many" :lol: Good luck with new friend. Now you have an opponent to challenge for the State Champ title ! No joke.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion