Sort postings.

Give your comments and suggestions about the website.

Sort postings.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:19 pm

Jason, I suggest you to change posting sort rules. For the time now most recent post is placed at the bottom of topic. I propose to place it on top.

In this case users will not need to scroll down all postings and can see most recet post immediately.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Sort postings.

Postby Jason Solan on Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:33 pm

Interesting suggestion.... though i've never seen it done.
I'm sure it can be done, but i believe most people are used to seeing the "main post" first and the most recent post last.

Scrolling down through is a problem for those that visit the forum regularly like yourself.
However, for first time visitors, it may be helpful to see the entire thought progression top-bottom.

I'll make a note of it.
After i get some other things that i want done, i'll take a full suggestion list to the users of the forum/site to get their opinion. Hopefully by then we'll have a strong user base and i can tailor it to their preferences.

--Jason
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby matthewkooshad on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:18 pm

The way Jason mentioned is the typical format. I've never seen the proposed way done in a phpbb forum. If it is a thread that I've visited before, I press the End key on my keyboard after the thread has loaded to view the more recent post; hope that helps.
matthewkooshad

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:38 am

Jason Solan wrote:Scrolling down through is a problem for those that visit the forum regularly like yourself.
However, for first time visitors, it may be helpful to see the entire thought progression top-bottom.

matthewkooshad wrote:I press the End key on my keyboard

Jason, thanks for explanation. Sounds reasonable to me.

Matthew, thanks for helpful and useful advice.

I proposed this idea, because it is in use on Russian checkers forum, which has the same organisation.

However ... Russian forum is very well developed for 3 years and have hundred of topics with thousands postings.

Will see how it goes on ACF forum, when our topics get more than one page :lol:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jason Solan on Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:07 am

I also notice at the bottom of the page, there is an option on how to sort posts....(though it only seems to work for the current topic) eventually i'll play with that and see if i can use it to set a profile option. That way each user has the option to sort it how they wish.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby matthewkooshad on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:46 pm

That would be very cool Jason. Keep up the great work! Did you see my posts on the checkers pieces in the suggestions? I edited them for you.
matthewkooshad

Return to Comments/Suggestions