Homepage menu

Give your comments and suggestions about the website.

Homepage menu

Postby matthewkooshad on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:56 pm

The first menu on the homepage currently seems to exist within the second menu -- the drop down one. I wanted to suggest this approach of replacing the first menu with the drop down menu along with the color scheme change.
http://draughts.info/tmp/suggestion.html
http://draughts.info/tmp/pop_bg0.gif
matthewkooshad

Re: Homepage menu

Postby Jason Solan on Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:53 pm

....I don't quite get what you are saying?

but your sample doesn't work right in firefox or i.e. (and i've uninstalled opera already) so that might be why i'm not seeing it correctly.

Do you want the menu to run right next to the banner?
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby matthewkooshad on Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:43 pm

Hey Jason, sorry I was hoping the picture would help as I didn't know a clear way to explain it :lol:
The menu in red are items that are contained in the menu in green. The picture in the previous post shows the menu in green taking the place of the menu in red with colors that fit in with the color scheme.
It's just a proposed suggestion. You are doing a great job. I do see that my code is broken for other browsers. If you want to try this suggestion and are not able to see where I messed up, let me know and I will try to correct it.
matthewkooshad

Postby Jason Solan on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:15 am

Ahh.... ok i see what you're saying... redundant links?
I personally like to use the reduncancy of the "upper links" to be pages of importance.
The drop down menu has access to a lot of pages, it can be easy to get lost in them, so i keep a select few of import ones as solid links at the bottom of the banner.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby matthewkooshad on Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:45 pm

That's a good idea. What about placing the drop down menu below the banner and the important links where the drop down is as in the first post of this thread? We had talked before about the color scheme; I think this mentioned approach may help with that.
matthewkooshad

Return to Comments/Suggestions