6 books on ebay sells for $502

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Postby JR Smith on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:47 pm

What makes these so valuable?

Straight Master Checkers (2 bound vol) + 4 issues
British Draughts Journal (3 bound vol)
The Crossboard News (bound vol)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250143286540&rd=1&rd=1
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Re: 6 books on ebay sells for $502

Postby Jay H on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:58 pm

JR Smith wrote:What makes these so valuable?

Straight Master Checkers (2 bound vol) + 4 issues
British Draughts Journal (3 bound vol)
The Crossboard News (bound vol)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250143286540&rd=1&rd=1

It is the same winning bidder on all of this sellers lots, ( or several of them. That is, these super high dollar amounts).
I believe the winning bidder is snipeing with $1000.00 bids, just to guarantee getting the lot.....at the same time someone else is snipeing with another super high bid.
As a result, the sale ends with an extremely high (and, perhaps artificially inflated, IMHO) winning bid......

Regards,

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby JR Smith on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:37 am

Hello Jay, I've noticed I usually get out bidded by Ktd68. He sure didn't let the California Checker Chatter pass... I didn't want to see them sell for less than $30, He got a good buy at $31.

I don't bid very ofter because I already have more checker reading than I will do in a lifetime. :lol:

Ktd68 is buying himself a nice checker library. Another example was The Draughts Review for $158 which was a little pricy but if you wanted them pay the price. I realize now what you were talking about... recheckerd your earlier post concerning the $800 American Checker Monthly.
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Re: 6 books on ebay sells for $502

Postby Jay H on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 pm

JR Smith wrote:Hello Jay, I've noticed I usually get out bidded by Ktd68. He sure didn't let the California Checker Chatter pass... I didn't want to see them sell for less than $30, He got a good buy at $31.

I don't bid very ofter because I already have more checker reading than I will do in a lifetime. :lol:

Ktd68 is buying himself a nice checker library. Another example was The Draughts Review for $158 which was a little pricy but if you wanted them pay the price. I realize now what you were talking about... recheckerd your earlier post concerning the $800 American Checker Monthly.

Greetings JR Smith,
I think you could have bid $300.00 dollars on the CCC, and still would not have gotten it, because I really do believe Ktd68 is submitting astronomically high bids at the last second,( i.e., snipeing) to make sure he( or she...?) gets the lot, as, it very well appears that money is no object for this bidder...lol. ( RE: The ACM set....Imaging being the bidder who went to $801.01, and STILL did not win it !!!)
It certainly is a nice library that is being purchased, the books look to be high grade....!!! Unless "the well runs dry", I don't think anyone else has a chance at any of diamondrunner's books.

Regards,

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment