ACF Forum is back

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Re: Welcome to the Jungle

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks alot for your efforts, Jason ! Why it took so long to recover forum ? :roll: Hackers always come across Internet and destroy / crash sites. I wouldn't be worry too much about this :idea: , and just copy site files frequently for disaster recover.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Jason Solan on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:56 pm

The forum took so long to come back for various reasons.

For a while there was no need. If you remember, the ACF forum never got many visitors due to so many people on George Miller's BBS.
When hackers attacked the forum went down and there was no real urgency to bring it back.

When the idea to first bring it back came up, this was the same time WGC was going to pick up the ACF game room. We decided to try to use their forums so we could interact a little.

After that 'fell through' I personally was very busy with work and did not have the time to work on the forum the way i wanted.

I tried delaying the re-opening until i could get some extra features put in, but i never got them in.

I figured the forum needed brought back even if the new features will be unavailable for a while.

Thanks and i hope you continue to post here, as well as many others.

The 10 most recent posts in any forum will show up on the main page(though that needs a bit of tweaking as well).

I take daily backups of the database and Alan/Dr. Beckwith are now monitoring the posts so I hope things will be ok this time around.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:09 pm

Jason Solan wrote:Thanks and i hope you continue to post here, as well as many others.

Cross fingers, boy ! :lol:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Forum

Postby Michael Holmes on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:08 pm

I did not know that the ACF had a forum before but I can see that this is well organized and I like it a lot.
Michael
Michael Holmes

Re: ACF Forum is back

Postby Patrick Parker on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:44 pm

the old forum wasnt very nice and no one ever went there
this is certainly prettier than bbs
Patrick Parker

Can't find WTM games

Postby JR Smith on Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:18 pm

I can't find the 2005 WTM games Alex posted several mid-game diagrams and Matthew Kooshad also made some comments in reply post on this topic. I've review most of the topics and I still can't find it. If someone is familar with this phpbb maybe you can clue me in by email or reply to this post. Thanks, JR Smith :cry:
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Re: Can't find WTM games

Postby JR Smith on Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:29 pm

JR Smith wrote:I can't find the 2005 WTM games Alex posted several mid-game diagrams and Matthew Kooshad also made some comments in reply post on this topic. I've review most of the topics and I still can't find it. If someone is familar with this phpbb maybe you can clue me in by email or reply to this post. Thanks, JR Smith :cry:

OK I just found out my mistake... been trying to use the jump start and should have use the drop down off main page. Sorry for not being more alert.
A Checker Friend, JR Smith
JR Smith

Re: Can't find WTM games

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:53 pm

JR Smith wrote:I can't find

Your post get me smile, man :lol: Who knows, maybe some day, when when we'll get a hundred topics with thousand posts, Jason will be force to develop SEARCH option in forum :idea: to find some valuable postings
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion