How old?

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

How old?

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:33 pm

I've been asking myself for like 4 years already about how old is one suppose to be in the ACF? I'm planning to join perhaps in the future so i just wanted to know what's ask in order to get in??? how old are you suppose to be, or can you can get in at any age?
Checkers is like being in heavens.
CheckersStrongplayer

Reply to CSP

Postby Alan Millhone on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:05 pm

Hello CSP:

My middle Grandson, Solomon, who is 9 years old is an ACF Member and played in last Summer's " Arthur Niederhoffer 2005 ACF Youth Tournament" in Dublin,Ohio. If you are 18 and under you can join for $10.00 per year and receive an electronic bulletin 6 times per year. The ACF would welcome you as a member.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" BUILD THE MEMBERSHIP NOW "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: How old?

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Cool, thanks. i'm only 15. I would join but my problem is that parents work and i don't have nobody take me me to tournaments. I'm not sure whether you guys play tournaments here in Houston,Tx that's also a problem for me.
CheckersStrongplayer

heya

Postby Patrick Parker on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:27 pm

MOST TOURNAMENTS ARENT HELD ANYWHERE NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE BUT DONT GET DISCOURAGED. ALOT OF THE TOURNAMENT PLAYERS PLAY ONLINE YOUNG AND OLD. I THINK TEXAS HAS A TOURNAMENT SOMEWHERE OUT TOWARDS WEST TEXAS WHICH MIGHT BE FAR FROM YOU. MOST PLAYERS KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE HAVING NO TOURNAMENTS NEAR YOU OR ANY PLAYERS CLOSE BY BUT SINCE YOUR FROM A LARGE CITY MAYBE YOU WILL GET LUCKY. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLINE LET ME KNOW.
Patrick Parker

Re: How old?

Postby CheckersStrongplayer on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:09 pm

Sure any time, i play at a site called pogo.com just answer this message and i'll tell you for further asssistants in a game so when to play.
CheckersStrongplayer

Return to General Discussion