Elam's Checker Board

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Moderators: Alan Millhone, rich beckwith

Elam's Checker Board

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Greetings!

I have decided to slash my original asking price of my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board (ECB) down to $300.

Personally, I think it's worth a whole lot more. Someday I think it might even be worth ten times more.

But I don't think I am going to get anything near what I was originally asking for between now and the end of June.

That's the problem. I need to sell as much as my library as I possibly can between now and the end of June. If I had until the end of the year, I would undoubtedly hold out for a higher price.

Here is a description of my set:
_____

Elams's Checker Board
A complete hardbound set from Volume 1 to Volume 25, spanning from January of 1947 to December of 1971. This set comes in 12 hardbound books in mismatched covers, with 6 of them in blue, 5 of them in gray, and one of them in red. Included is an openings index from Volume 1 to Volume 23. Excellent condition. $300 plus postage and shipping costs.
_____

I now have a Pay Pal account and accept payments accordingly.

This is the last item from my library list that I am going to mention separately and daily on this forum. After further reflection, I decided that to continue to do so on a daily basis would only use up excessive bandwidth.

Instead, feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) if you want a complete and current list of my library items. I will then send you a complete and current list in a return PM. My library list now fits on a single PM.

That's all for now.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

I Am Selling My Set of ECB on eBay

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:00 pm

Greetings To All,

I have decided to go ahead and try to sell my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board on eBay.

It will probably take me about a week or more to get everything set up. This means taking photographs of the volumes and deciding how I am going to go about describing this collection to a mass audience.

My last asking price for my collection of ECB was $300. I probably won't get that on eBay either, but you never know until you try.

This also means that I am removing my set of ECB from my library list. At this time, I am not planning on listing any other of my checker books or magazines on eBay.

Everything else on my library list is still for sale directly from me.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Elam's Checker Board

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:05 am

Greetings To All:

Here is an update on my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board.

I have not gotten around to doing what I need to do to prepare my set for an eBay auction.

So, I have decided to wait until July 1st to place it on eBay.

In the meantime................

I am still offering my set for direct sale and making a slight adjustment in my price.

The price for my complete set is still $300. However, I am now offering free shipping and postage up to $100.

In other words, if the shipping and postage costs come to $99, the total cost is still $300.

I will either ship by UPS or FedEx or USPS (with a tracking number), whoever gives me the best price.

I am not sure how you calculate to get an estimate of shipping costs, based upon weight of merchandise and zip code distance.

For what it is worth, I have just weighed my complete hardbound set of ECB on my bathroom scale. The weight came to 27.0 pounds. In case my scale is off a little, I have rounded this figure to 30.0 pounds.

My zip code is 23507.

Therefore, the shipping of my set of ECB involves a package which is going to weigh about 30 pounds and which will be mailed from my zip code of 23507.

If any of you know how to estimate the shipping cost of a given piece of merchandise, knowing the weight of the merchandise and the zip code from which it is being shipped, you should be able to get a good idea as to whether the total shipping cost will be $100 or less.

I do not include the cost of any boxes, bubble wrap, popcorn filler, or packing labor in my shipping costs.

If you want to buy my set, all you would have to do is to send me $300. If the total shipping cost is $100 or less, you owe me nothing more. If it comes to over $100, I will let you know how much the difference is, and you can pay it to me later.

In the meantime, I will ship it to you right away.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I now accept Pay Pal.

This offer expires on July 1st. On that date, I will start taking the pictures it takes to get it on eBay.

Thanks for reading.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

A Possible Buyer

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:39 am

Hello Checker Friends,

I might have a possible buyer of my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board.

I will let you know of the prospective buyer's final decision as soon as I find out what that decision is.

I expect that it is going to be a close call.

If the prospective buyer decides not to buy, then I may add it back on to my library list and try to sell it there one more time before I put it on eBay.

I will keep you posted.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Offer Accepted!

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Hello Checker Friends,

I am very happy to report that the prospective buyer I mentioned in a post I wrote on this thread earlier this morning has decided to accept my offer to buy my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board.

This comes as great news to me, as I really did not want to try to sell this set on eBay, if I could possibly help it.

Take very good care.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment