Announcement

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Announcement

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:50 am

Greetings To All:

This announcement pertains to the sale of my checker library.

I have reached an impasse of time, in which I need to raise a minimum of $1200 by the end of June, or preferably earlier, in order to meet some emergency expenses.

Therefore, I am putting up what remains unsold from my entire library for sale at a minimum bid of $1200. The best offer received, whether it is $1200 or more, will be the winner.

I will accept $1200. What I am hoping for is $1500.

In the meantime, I am also in the difficult position of not being able to afford to turn down offers for various single items in my library, especially if no offer for $1200 or more is ever forthcoming.

After all, in addition to the emergency expenses I must make this month, I also need the peace of mind of being able to put food on my table.

Therefore, I will continue to sell any single items from my library upon request.

As a result, any and all bids for my entire library will be reduced accordingly.

For example:

Let's suppose that somebody offers a bid of $1300 for my entire library and then somebody else buys $200 worth of single items from my library a few days later.

The following will occur:

***I will reduce that bid by $200 from $1300 to $1100.

***I will notify the bidder of exactly what was sold.

***I will graciously allow the bidder to back out of the bid if desired.

This is only fair, since the bidder may have had a very special interest in a particular single item, or set of items, that may have been included within that $200 sale.

The bidder will receive an updated list of my checker library each and every single time that my list changes as a result of a sale. The bidder can then withdraw from a bid at any time and for any reason.

I hope and pray that I am going about this fairly. Please advise me if you think I am not. I am still new to this game.

At the present time, the sum of the prices of all of the items I have left over, MINUS the cost of my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board, is about $1300.

This means that buying everything I have right now is like getting my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board for free, plus some pocket change.

The amounts of all bids will be posted here. The names of all bidders will be kept anonymous.

The winning bidder will be responsible for all shipping and handling costs. I can bill you separately for these costs after I send the items.

I can ship by UPS, FedEx, or by US Priority Mail. You can choose your preference. No matter which one you choose, I always get a tracking number in case something goes wrong.

I now accept Pay Pal.

Feel free to write to me for my most current list if you are interested.

Take care, good luck, and have a great summer.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to see you at the ACF National Tournament in Las Vegas.

Hopefully, I will be able to make it to the next one.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Re: Announcement

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:19 pm

JoshuaArmstrong wrote:would you private message me a list of all your books and maybe we can discuss a price for the books I may want to purchase.

Hi Joshua,

I have sent you a private message with a complete list of my library.

In the event that you do not receive it, please contact me at my email address shown below:

starcap50@aol.com

Thanks again!

Take care and good luck.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment