My Checker Library Is For Sale

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

My Checker Library Is For Sale

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:07 pm

Greetings!

I know this is "old news."

However, I just wanted to make this announcement once again, located in its new home in the new forum for which it now properly belongs.

Once again, if you are interested in seeing a complete list of the unsold items of my library, please write to me at the following email address:

starcap50@aol.com

I will send you my complete list in two separate email messages.

Please allow me to list and mention just a couple of items I have for sale:
_____

California Checker Chatter
A hardbound set from Volume 1 to Volume 10, beginning with the January-February 1950 issue and ending with the October-December 1959 issue
Excellent condition: $100.

If my memory is correct, I paid $150 for this set a number of years ago from Donald Goodwin. Although it was advertised correctly as Volumes 1 through 10, I had assumed that this was a complete set. It was later when I discovered that there were 5 additional volumes, namely volumes 11 through 15.

Therefore, I am selling what is an incomplete set for $10 per volume or $100 for the volumes I have listed above.

Due to the weight of these hardback volumes, I will be asking the buyer, if one happens to be forthcoming, to pay something toward the postage and shipping charges.

I prefer to ship all of my merchandise via Priority Mail from a local mailing service whose company name is PAK MAIL. I trust their skill and judgement far greater than mine when it comes to the task of packing my merchandise in an appropriate box or envelope and with extra packing materials if needed.

Now for the next item I want to mention:

The Keystone Checker Review
A complete and unbound set of James E. Reed's KCR, beginning with the January 1990 issue and ending with the November 1995 issue, for a total of 36 issues in all. Each issue ranges from like new to excellent to good condition. For an example of an issue I consider to be in merely "good condition", there is a little catsup smudge on the front of the July 1993 cover. I regard this publication to be an exceptionally instructional series for beginner and master alike. $100.

If my ten volume set of California Checker Chatter is underpriced, my complete set of The Keystone Checker Review may seem overpriced to many players.

This is because I value it so dearly and really hate to part with it. I wrote a number of articles for KCR, including "A History Of The Barred Openings." I also contributed a few interesting problem settings and complete games which arose and which were actually played during my mail play career.

In essense, I feel that KCR is a part of me. But you do what you have to do. Hopefully, I can buy it back during a financial turnaround.

In any event, I am not charging any postage and shipping charges for any buyer of my complete set of KCR. The complete price will remain $100.

On a related note, I won't mention here what I am currently asking for my complete hardbound set of Elam's Checker Board (ECB). At least, not yet. This is my number one prized possession in my entire checker library, and the price I am asking for it reflects how much I value it.

Once again, please feel free to email me for a complete list of the unsold items of my checker library.

Take very good care.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Re: My Checker Library Is For Sale

Postby Patrick Parker on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:30 pm

dennis is a nice fellow and a good salesman
and works quickly with ya
Patrick Parker

Postby Dennis Cayton on Fri May 04, 2007 6:18 pm

Patrick Parker wrote:dennis is a nice fellow and a good salesman

Hi Patrick!

Thank you so very much for your kind words.

Please forgive me for overlooking this post and my failure to acknowledge and thank you earlier.

I need to be more alert and attentive.

Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Postby Jay H on Sat May 05, 2007 1:16 pm

Agreed !!!!!
I recently made a purchase myself, and I am very well pleased !! A very pleasant transaction !!!!
Thanx again Dennis !!!!
Jay
Jay H

Postby Dennis Cayton on Sat May 05, 2007 8:56 pm

Jay Hinner wrote:

Agreed !!!!!
I recently made a purchase myself, and I am very well pleased !! A very pleasant transaction !!!!
Thanx again Dennis !!!!
Jay

Hello Jay!

Welcome to the ACF Forums!

I am jumping up and down with joy that you are pleased with your purchase.

I am new to the book selling business, so I am trying to go all out to do my best.

I am very glad that you are satisfied.

Thanks for your kind words.

Good luck to you.

Best Wishes,

Dennis Cayton
Dennis Cayton

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment