"What These 3 Checker Titans Shared in Common"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"What These 3 Checker Titans Shared in Common"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:23 am

:lol: They all loved playing checkers. They all published checker literature. They all put out their own checker sets and boards. They all held checker titles. They all have been in the media spotlight many times over the years. They all were world famous in their own right. And they all put on public checker exhibitions. And the list of their accomplishments and exploits in checkers goes on and on. "Checker Trivia" question of the Day"? Who were they? :lol: "Mr. Checkers"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "What These 3 Checker Titans Shared in Common&a

Postby Bob Murr on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:03 pm

My first impression is Tom Wiswell, Newell Banks and Willie Ryan, but I wonder if Millard Hopper would also fit this mold?
Bob Murr
Bob Murr

Postby Palomino on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:16 pm

Bob,

I agree with Newell Banks and Willie Ryan, their names pop right out at you as being correct, but I don't know about the third name. Millard Hopper's name came to me first but Tom Wiswell is most likely the correct name. It will be interesting to see who that third person is.

Best regards, "Pal"

PS

I called the other day and spoke with your wife. She told me that you were gone for the day and I never got around to calling you back. The matter I was calling about was of no importance.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:07 pm

:lol: Sorry for the delay in gettng back with you. I have been working on our childrens church presentation that Ms. Becky and I give on Wednesday evenings. Now concerning my question I will have to double check on Banks a little better to see if he meant all of the criteria shown above. Millard Hopper and Tommy Wiswell of course fit all of that criteria. :lol: "Mr. Checkers"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia