March Tournament in Tennessee

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

March Tournament in Tennessee

Postby Alan Millhone on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:41 am

Hello:

Have dates been set for March Tournament in Tennessee? January is almost here and details of dates,etc. can be posted on here. I miss playing in tourneys over the Winter months and look forward to this trip in March. I spoke to Ron King the other day and he would like to come as well. I told him I would be glad to pick him up at the Nashville Airport.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" MORE CHECKERS "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: March Tournament in Tennessee

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:20 pm

James Morrison also usually attend this event. It will be interesting bottle :lol:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

TN Tournament

Postby Gene Lindsay on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi,
The Tennessee Tournament is always the first full weekend in March, hence it starts Fri. March 3(usually 4:00 PM) and ends Sun. March 5(usually around 1:00 PM). It will be in Lebanon if nothing has changed. Hopefully Frank Davis will send offical announcement soon.

Gene Lindsay
Last edited by Gene Lindsay on Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gene Lindsay

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:17 pm

Gene and other ... I try to do all my best to get SIXTH be completed and printed before TN State ty and bring first fresh copies of book here. In other hands, I don't want to "speed editing" and want book to be ready and delivered to readers with highest quality of contest and design. In any case book will be available around this time - right before or after ty.

I'll be there, indeed, to defend my title of "winner TN" which I consider with almost the ame level respect, as National Champion. I am trying to beat Mr. Hugh Burton record, who won TN ty ... many times (I can't remember). I know - Don Lafferty and James Morrison were winners 3 or 4 times.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

An average player looking forward to SIXTH

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Hello Mr. Alex:

I will be in Tennessee in March and will enter the Masters. I would like to have my copy by then so I might finish higher than 50%............ of course my opponents have to cooperate to some degree! Putting SIXTH in hands of Jim Morrison, Gene Lindsay, and other top Masters may make it tuffer for you to win this tournament after their careful study of your new book :-)

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
District 6 Champion
" AN AVERAGE CHECKER PLAYER "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: An average player looking forward to SIXTH

Postby matthewkooshad on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:57 am

Alan Millhone wrote:............ of course my opponents have to cooperate to some degree!
:lol:
Best of luck to all in the tournament. I hope I will be able to easily attend.
matthewkooshad

TN Strawberry Tournament

Postby Michael Holmes on Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:45 pm

Does anyone know when this will be?
Michael Holmes

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:31 am

Today I made my reservation in hotel. I am coming Thursday late night. Lucky, this year they had enough rooms available at such "late" time. I hope it will be a great event at the thighest degree and competition as usual.

My plans for this tournament are not very ambitious, and all i need - to add two points to my rating :lol: to hit 2700 bareer. This task will probably force me to win all (or more) games !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to Tournament Discussion