"What Does It Take to Be the World Champion Alex"?

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"What Does It Take to Be the World Champion Alex"?

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 pm

:lol: That is our "Checker Trivia" question of the Day"? Some might say a copy of the "6th" in one hand and a glass of Votka in the other. I personally would say that it takes a lot of internal strength of character, commitment, dedication, sacrifice and years of hard study just to name a few things, but to really know lets ask Alex--our current World Champion--for some of his insights and views concerning this question (reader comments will also be welcomed). :lol: "Inky"
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "What Does It Take to Be the World Champion Ale

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm

If it's a "Trivia Question of the Day", I'll be glad to observe all options :lol:

It will be very interesting for me to read - what other people think about this, and how they would answer on this question, or how they think I will answer on it.

Your first assumptions - alcohol and Sixth - fail. Both businesses actually take you away from this goal. If Sixth won't be materialized - I might be OK for the next 4-6 years. Now I have to move ahead with my study.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

K is P

Postby Alan Millhone on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Superior knowledge of published play and a knowledge of transpositions is job # 1. Walter Hellman once stated he spent a full year on nothing but ending play and the standard positions. Recoginzing 'themes' and ideas' as they develop in a game is also essential. Wm. Ryan once remarked it was okay to lose a game, just don't lose the same way twice. Alocohol dulls ones mind .

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" AN AVERAGE CHECKER/DRAUGHTS PLAYER "
===============================================

Checkers---- " THE MENTAL SPORT ALTERNATIVE TO VIDEO GAMES "

===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia