SIXTH ready to release !!!!!

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

SIXTH ready to release !!!!!

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:18 pm

I am ready now to accept payments for this book. It will include around 360 pages, 400 diagrams and cover the following topics:

1) WCM 2002 with Elbert Lowder (29 games)
2) WCM 2003 with Ron King (35 games)
3) 50 selected games, 1996-2004

For the time now I only accept checkes :

A) $US 48.00 for regular book which includes shipping and handling. For oversea buyers from UK, Europe and other parts of world there will be an option later to pay through ACF website. However ... you can send check in US dollars right now - this will greatly help me to cover some of my expanses today (which already started :twisted:). Furthermore - total number of regular copies also limited :wink:

B) $US7 78.00 for numbered signed copy of book (also includes shipping and handling). There will be only 40 limited number of copies.

As I said earlier - it will be hard cover, high quality paper. Book includes alot of new play and cooks, stories and definition of my "internal feelings" during the games. There are several corrections of M. Tinsley, A. Long, W. Hellman, D. Oldbury and other. Each game and line in the book has been reviewed by major programs - Nemesis $ KR. Book also contains several express comments of Richard Beckwith, Hugh Devlin, Jim Loy, Al Lyman, Brian Hinkle, Richard Fortman and others.

Later, at the end of December or beginning of in January, I hope we can post demo pages on ACF website and allow byers to pay from ACF STORE shop.

As of today I have optimistic estimates that book will be delivered by the end of March 2006, or earlier.

===================================================================

Please, when you send check, type clearly (and separately) you full name and mail address. Send your checks to:

Alexander Moiseyev
5676 Springburn Drive
Dublin, OH, 43017
USA
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Checks only? No Money Orders Accepted?

Postby Alan Millhone on Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:12 pm

Hello Mr. Alex:

Some individuals pay via money order . Are you saying personal checks only ?

I am excited by your posting and will post my payment to you in the next couple of days:-)

Your book should sell out quickly.................................

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: Checks only? No Money Orders Accepted?

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:02 pm

Alan Millhone wrote:Some individuals pay via money order . Are you saying personal checks only ?

Hi, Alan !

I forgot about this option ! Yes, of course money orders are accepted, no questions. Book prices which I finally comeup with, are a bit higher, than I expected and announce earlier, because due to inflation etc :evil: :roll: , typography services also raised up in the last year. No extra money for me in this case.

70% of all book expanses, which is several thousand dollars, I have to pay in front, before book printed. This is the only reason - why I am asking you about pre-payment. You help and support are needed and welcome. I don't have any extra penny free avaiable due to college/mortgage/bills regular expanses. I have 3 kids, parent loan and many other "American beauties", and all my cash budget - for cigaretts only :roll:

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: SIXTH ready to release !!!!!

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:03 pm

Alex_Moiseyev

Postby hans on Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:40 am

shr wrote: For oversea buyers from UK, Europe and other parts of world there will be an option later to pay through ACF website. ... Furthermore - total number of regular copies also limited

Any chance you will be out of copies before I can place my order? Will orders through the ACF site be more expensive?
Do you have a paypal account?

Thx.
hans

Hello outside the USA book requesters:-)

Postby Alan Millhone on Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Hello everyone:

I had an email come in just now from a player in England wanting a copy of " SIXTH". We will try and get a PayPal 'link' set-up ASAP to take orders from around the world for Mr. Alex's book. PayPal will add a little onto the book cost, but will eliminate currency exchange for Mr. Alex. Notice will be posted as soon as this can be done on our ACF site.

I just now mailed my order for my copy of " SIXTH " to Mr. Alex in today's mail....................................

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" LEAVE NO CHECKER/DRAUGHTS BOOKS BEHIND "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:25 pm

Hans and other ...

Pay/Pal payment for my book will not cost you more, than any other American buyer - $48 for regular copy, $78 - bonus edition. But ... in behalf of ACF, $40 or little bit less go to me and $5 - to ACF. All extra costs for using PAL account may decrease "my portion", but will not affect end user.

So, if you buy it through ACF site - you also will support ACF.

===================================================================

I can see now - things are speeding up :lol: I'll try to send soon a copy of 5-6 pages from my book to Jason, and post them on ACF site as demo.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:08 pm

This is great. It looks like 2006 will be 'the year of the draughts book' with Sixth and the 8th International. Well played guys.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:37 pm

Hello, Mr. Guest !

I like your nickname :lol: It really doesn't matter how our id's are appeared: A-B-C, Alex_Moiseyev or something else. It is important - what we post under these id's.

Thanks for your warm words about SIXTH. Recently I had received email from one of my 4 editors - Ingo Zachos and I was very impresssed and delighted to read it. He said that this is first book in this category in checkers literature, and there are only few at the same level in chess. He beleives that book will benefficiary to players at all levels.

I gave title to this book - "SIXTH", because it is not only about games or matches, but also about myself - my understanding and concept in checkers.

The main message I am trying to deliver to checkers community for years - everyone can do this if work seriously, love and study checkers.

Anyway ... There is one more book, which is hidden :roll: - from my friend Karl Albrekht. This is sort of book about strategy and one which we all need. As soon as I finish my book, I'll try to "push" :lol: Karl and help him to get his book finalize and publish. One time incidentally, due to computer gluk, Karl lost a big posrtion of his book, but later recovered.

8th Internation book also will be masterpiece, and I am honored to be a member of team working on this book.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion