"Thanksgiving and Christmas Greetings "

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

"Thanksgiving and Christmas Greetings "

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:38 pm

Dearest checker friends, From our heart and home to yours please have a most wonderful holiday season. And know that Mr. Checkers and myself are very thankful for all of the kindness that you have bestowed upon us throughout this past year. Without your most kind and caring help we would not be able to carry on our many checker activities here, so we feel very blessed in having such special friends within our checker and draughts community. Take care and God Bless. Ms. Becky

Re: "Thanksgiving and Christmas Greetings &quo

Postby matthewkooshad on Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:07 pm

That is very nice of you, Becky. I hope you and everyone have wonderful holidays too.
matthewkooshad

Matthew's Snow Man :-)

Postby Alan Millhone on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:07 pm

Hello Matthew:

Your posting makes me think of Christmas....................... I note a lot of controversy at different businesses this year making their employees say " Happy Holidays" only. My family will continue to say " Merry Christmas" no matter where we do business. This is my own personal view...........

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone
USA Citizen
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: Matthew's Snow Man :-)

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:39 am

Alan Millhone wrote:" Happy Holidays" ... " Merry Christmas"

Alan, I wish you and your family "Happy 365 days of the New Year 2006". Enjoy each of them !

I hope in one of those 365 days book "Sixth", copy # 1A :lol: will be added to your library !
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Adding 6th. book to my library...........................

Postby Alan Millhone on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:46 am

Hello Mr. Alex:

I will be pleased to add a copy of your new book to my Checker library when it is completed:-) Be nice to have it to study over the Winter months to prepare for the first tournament of 2006 at Lebanon,Tennessee. I miss seeing my Checker friends over the Winter and look forward to tournaments commencing once more in the Spring.

Regards:
Alan
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Alex we will be looking forward to receiving a fine copy of your book. Ms Becky

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:01 pm

This is the biggest and most serious problem I ever had in my life ! :lol:

One time, about 2 years ago, I incidentally promised a first numbered copy of my book to my two friends - Mr. Checkers and Alan Millhone. Unfortunately, each of them remember very well my promise :roll: . Finally I decided to create a copies 1A and 1B, although everyone will receive a unique message written in the book. :idea:
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:20 pm

Work on the book is under way!

Unfortunately, Alex notes r so good, to review the contents will last to new year and beyond, but I can promise you from the "raw material" that it is worth waiting for !

Remember, checkers is a waiting game...

Greetinx from winter-cold Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:28 pm

Ingo_Zachos wrote:it is worth waiting for !

Thanks for kind words, Ingo ! I know, you are the one, who never gives a compliments for nothing ! :lol: Recently Richard Beckwith said, that he can't wait to see my book ready. Jerry Childer, when I submitted him earlier this year portion of book, said, that without program he has nothing to add or correct. Brain Hinkle had one or two corrections while using the deepest research with Kingsrow

I assume my "English Editors" - John Acker and Ryan Pronk are quite busy :lol: going through all my "English junk" beauties :oops:

I really hope book will be delivered to buyers in earlier spring 2006. I also hope that this book will be worthy to read and educatable for all readers at all levels ! :wink:

Many thanks to Ingo Zachos and Dennis Pawlek spending time and help me with book preparation and contest editing.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:45 pm

As one views the menu on the ACF Forum the only two areas that are being visited are General Discussion and Folding Boards. The areas pertaining to playing checkers are being bypassed altogether. The fun in trying to get to the other guys kingrow during a great game of checkers has been replaced by hateful moves in trying to get to the other guys jugular. I ask you what has the fun game of checkers come to today.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:50 pm

Anonymous wrote: ...

Bingo, sir ! :lol: I am the only one (almost) and very unfortunate poor guy, who tries to support and develop other sessions, but ... no luck ! :evil:

I am a World Champion, but it seems like my World needs alot of imporvements :idea: Probably today checkers players are not ready yet for free speech and can't use it properly.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:56 pm

The only red that I want to see during this time of year is the red on Santa's suit coming down the chimmey with gifts for my children and my favorite red wine. Don't ask me to come here to have my throat cut over a game of checkers played on a red and black board.

Postby matthewkooshad on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:35 pm

I agree with you Alex, but I do not know what to say on this. I was writing a reply to your message regarding the amount of views/replies of your problems in the positions section, but I need to think on it more so that it makes sense. I appreciate your work that you are doing in the positions section. I wish more master players were here to be able to post in reply to you. Those problems are hard for me to see the solution to. I will not learn much if I put it in a program. I did put one of them into the database on my website: http://www.draughts.info/pos.php?pid=6 I am thinking of a way to organize this section my website better. Keep up the great work and the faith, as I agree with you on the maturity of the checkers world.
matthewkooshad

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:29 am

matthewkooshad wrote:Those problems are hard for me to see the solution to

Hi, Matthew !

The most important thing is - this conversation should go to the problem session ! Anyway ... I agree with you - these positions are very tough, at the highest calibre, quality and complexity, and in my estimates - the one who can solve 40%-50% of them or more at reasonable time (10 min for position) - shall be considered as very good master. My percantage is around 70%-75%. Orginally I picked all these problems for my new book (some day), and I was very, extremely selective, trying to collect only best, most "practical" problems.

Any experienced player, who look at them can say - "Hence!, I played this once in tournament".

But I understand - there should be another, easy problems for players at all levels. Maybe someone agree to go ahead and taking responsibilities to create other topics in this session ? :lol: This will be highly appreciated by many.

Matthew, I propose you - if you want to respond me here (I hope - you will :wink: ) - lets do it in other session. Although moderator can take manually our posts (just 3-4 only), and move them to right location. We are talking about problems, and in my opinion, logically - they should be posted in "Problems" session.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:27 pm

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Next

Return to Broken Boards