ACF Forum Postings.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

ACF Forum Postings.

Postby liam stephens on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:42 am

An Open Letter to Alan Millhone - President of the ACF.

Dear Alan,

I feel that I must protest at a recent posting by Mr Moiseyev in which I was accused of Antisemitism, thus casting a slur on my reputation and good name. The accusation is, of course, totally unfounded and I refute it absolutely. As you are aware Mr Moiseyev finishes off his postings with the phrase "there is always something behind the corner...etc" I simply echoed this, in some of my postings, quoting an old Guy Mitchell hit song from the 1950's.

I think I should also draw attention to my recent private email to you, in which I asked you to investigate a statement in one of Mr Moiseyev's postings, in reply to Jan Mortimer, which contained a veiled reference to the "F word" ( hastily deleted, I might add). I believe that the language of the Barrack Yard has no place in a family forum such as this.

My last, but one, posting was an attempted peace offering, to prevent matters getting out of hand, but to no avail, alas!. In the circumstances I have decided to discontinue posting here at present.

Yours sincerely,

Liam Stephens - ACF Member in good standing since 1972.
liam stephens

Re: ACF Forum Postings.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:11 am

Alan, I think you have to reply Liam and clarify things :idea: I know - you always being a good politician :lol: and knowing your position here is important for all forum subscribers. This is also imprtant for my reputation.

In my post I reflected my position and interpretation of Liam post. I find it offensive, but Liam mentioned, that he didn't have any such intention. Me and Liam are different people, with different human experience, traditions, culture etc. Other time In other post I posted something, whih Liam also find offensive, and I deleted, because I didn't want to offense any single person ... though I still beleive it was nothing offensive in my deleted post.

I understand - it is not a Liam, but author of song fault ...

Anyway ... word is yours, Mr. Millhone.

Respectfully,

A. Moiseyev
checkers player
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

liam

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:56 pm

Its A terrible thing when as fine a man as Liam Stephens is forced to leave the acf forum, because of remarks from our current world champeon. I wonder what thats doing for checkers Mr Alex.
kiwinurse

hey john

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:55 pm

im not the one misbehaving.
kiwinurse

to john

Postby kiwinurse on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:19 am

I dont think i ever mentioned the word horrible john,you are putting words in my mouth
kiwinurse

Return to General Discussion