"His 10th Anniversary With More to Come"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"His 10th Anniversary With More to Come"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:41 pm

:lol: In 1996 he made his first appearance on the checker scene here (as I recall, but I may be a freckle and a hair off on the exact date), although he had been playing checkers for many years earlier. "Checker Trivia" questions of the Day"? Who was this famous checker personality and at what place did he make his first appearance to play checkers? "Inky" would know the answer to this question because he has a mind like a mouse trap. :lol: (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "His 10th Anniversary With More to Come&quo

Postby rich beckwith on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:32 pm

While I'm not sure how many other players made their debut in 1996, the 2006 Ohio book notes that Alex Moiseyev played in his first tournament that year at the Massillon Ohio state tournament (and even provides most of these historical games). I think Steve Holliday was his first match (?).
[Actually, now I believe it was Tony Kozenki who was the Round 1 opponent. RCB 11/3/2006]

A remarkable career in terms of wins and writings since!
Last edited by rich beckwith on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:10 pm

:lol: Alex Moiseyev is a fine answer for the first part of this "Checker Trivia" question. Please give the second part a little more thought. :lol: (Cont.)
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby whitefork on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:38 am

Moscow?
Пилите, Шура, пилите!
whitefork

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:26 pm

:lol: Moscow is just a little to far to the East; plus it is getting pretty cold there this time of year. Try thinking of a nice checker place on this side of the Atlantic. :lol: (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:03 pm

New York / Long Island.

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

:lol: Alex I was referring to your first real exposure in playing 3 Move checkers. So as Horace Greeley once said--"Go West Young Man, Go West". Alex think about your Thursday evening trips from Cranberry. :lol: (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 pm

My first appearance to the checkers audience since I immigrated to United States (1991) was USA National 10x10 in July 1996, which was held in New York, Long Island. This is correct answer on your question.

In 1994-1995 I played some email 10x10 games with Netherland and Russian players. In the beginning of 1996 I visited once Pool Checkers Club in Pittsburgh.

Sincerely,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:36 pm

:lol: Alex I am talking 3-Move checkers only--your early years starting in 1996, which is when I first meant you. In fact I even beat you one game using 2" catalin checkers, which you did not like. :lol: (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia