BBS

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

BBS

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:48 am

I thought - it might be benefficial and promotional thing, also interesting social experiment, if we open this topic under "registration required" group :idea:

I propose to discuss here - why smart, clever intelligent people can't handle simple things and control their emotions ? Each of them separately is very good respectable colourful person, but all together :twisted: :twisted:
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

registration group

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:04 pm

Maybe its the provocativeness of your postings Alex that allows a little anger to surface in some of the loveliest people i know, fine caring men with principles.The most emotion ive seen at the ACF forum is in response to your postings.
kiwinurse

Re: BBS

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:00 pm

Posted By wondering person (w@p.com) On Mon 01/09/06 1942GMT:

is it my imagination or are the number of posts getting less and less at the acf forum. it started out with good promise but it looks as if only a few post there.

================================================================

Above is a recent posting on BBS which I find a quite interesting and important and decided to answer here ...

Yes, it is true, that ACF forum doesn't genereate tens of posts and thousands hits every day ... Some days are up, some ... quite :lol: But what really seems like a very good promising news for me - if people don't have much to say, they don't say anything. This is the only reason why some days ACF forum doesn't get any posts. And this is the way it suppose to be.

We don't have genious ideas every day, don't promote checkers every 2 hours, and, if so - why should we post here, if we have nothing valuable to say ?

Remember - silence is gold !

The Russian joke says: "if people would say only what they think and know - the World would be very quite !"

Concern BBS - in opposite to ACF forum, there are always few people here, couple clowns and one tragic :oops: who always support the temperature of forum at "high degree" :lol: and generate "storm in glass of water" !

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

bbs

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:24 pm

Concern BBS - in opposite to ACF forum, there are always few people here, couple clowns and one tragic who always support the temperature of forum at "high degree" and generate "storm in glass of water

Another provocative posting Alex which provokes yet another storm.Actually there has been more storms here in the short time this forum has been going, than was ever made at the bbs.And yet again you are putting down well known respected members of the checker community, including the wonderful work of george miller, who are merely saying what they think and being honest in their assessment.Relationships have probably been at an all time low because of the storms you have generated.Maybe its intentional on your part to keep posting these provocative statements as it indeed generates more postings here.
kiwinurse

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:44 pm

OK, OK, OK ... :roll:

You may not respect me personally, it's OK, but please - respect other people here.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

respect

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 pm

This has nothing to do with the respect of the people here at acf forum Alex, and ill respect you when you show respect to others.
kiwinurse

Postby matthewkooshad on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:22 pm

I didn't read much of this. But the last two post are really ridiculous and sad. How can it be expected for this game to live on if a part of well known players in the game act as children? If you love checkers, slow down your words. Everyone here has a mother, but if you have not heard this before: if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all.
matthewkooshad

perspective

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:53 pm

Maybe you need to read the lot matthew to get your impression in perspective
kiwinurse

Perspective

Postby liam stephens on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:45 pm

Yes, Matthew, you need to look further up the page and observe the unprovoked attack on the BBS and the namecalling of 'clowns' and 'tragic' against users of that site. Disgraceful, indeed.
liam stephens

Postby matthewkooshad on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 pm

kiwinurse wrote:This has nothing to do with the respect of the people here at acf forum Alex, and ill respect you when you show respect to others.

matthewkooshad wrote:Everyone here has a mother, but if you have not heard this before: if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all.

kiwinurse wrote:Maybe you need to read the lot matthew to get your impression in perspective

matthewkooshad wrote:...? If you love checkers, slow down your words.

You called Alex disrespectful. You also present the lesson to everyone that a person should not respect someone unless respect is shown first.
A lesson I have learned is that it is good to turn your cheek (n number of times) when someone possibly does something wrong. It is impossible for a person to be happy if it is never learned. I want you to be happy is the reason I say this. For the person will not be able to express love when the person is around.
matthewkooshad

Re: Perspective

Postby matthewkooshad on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:50 pm

liam stephens wrote:Yes, Matthew, you need to look further up the page and observe the unprovoked attack on the BBS and the namecalling of 'clowns' and 'tragic' against users of that site. Disgraceful, indeed.

Ok, very sorry if I misinterpreted this situation. I thought Jan was saying Alex was disrespectful. I never visit BBS, because drama seems to exist there.
Very sorry again Jan, Alex, Liam, others if so.
This is not to mean that I think something doesn't need to be said/done when a person does something wrong. I think that there are usually many ways to say the same thing, but very few ways sound nice sometimes.
matthewkooshad

Perspective

Postby liam stephens on Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Thank you Matthew. I think you may have misunderstood my comment. The post I was referring to, was the third from the top on this page of the Forum, and not one appearing in the BBS.

Regards - Liam.
liam stephens

Re: Perspective

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:52 pm

liam stephens wrote: ...

kiwinurse wrote: ...

liam stephens wrote: ...

kiwinurse wrote: ...

I named only two clowns and one tragic, please don't make me wrong. If you think - you are not qualify to be in this category - there is nothing you have to worry about. If you think my message can be affective you - then you have to think, what is wrong with you and your behavior and how you can work and improve it.

If I call clowns - "clowns", and tragics - "tragics", there is nothing disrepectful here. Check English dictionary for definition of these words and think - if it's applcable to someone.

It will be better if you just listen what people say - not only yourself.

Remember - this year must be Year of Integrity !

Respectfully,

Alex Moiseyev
Alex_Moiseyev

oh go take a hike alex

Postby kiwinurse on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:39 pm

Not interested in your twistings and turnings,
kiwinurse

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:43 pm

kiwinurse wrote:Not interested

This is really good news. Me and other forum visitors are a bit tired of this development, personal attacks, insinuations etc. If you are not interested - please, do not respond on this message and other messages I am doing - and everyone will be OK. This would resolve the problem.

On my site - I continue follow my agreement with Lindus Edwards 2-3 weeks ago - do not offense anyone.

My message was only against clowns, Jan. Please, show us - it's not about you.

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Next

Return to Broken Boards