"Merry Christmas to our dear friend "Dudley Do Rig

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Re: "Merry Christmas to our dear friend "D

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:18 pm

Lindus Edwards wrote:What on earth does "If George is a real Lindus (and other people) friend" mean?

Hi, Lindus !

While working with my book, John gets more and better experience with my English :lol: Yes, his translation is correct. I wanted to say - if you and George are friends, if George agrees with my arguments about addiction, recognize the problem and want to help you and other addicted people (including myself) - he shouldn't re-open BBS.

I know your next argument. You can say - Alex, you are no better than others and also are addicted to BBS. I absolutely agree with this argument, but there is one difference - I recognise the problem, and try to fight against it.

Not recognising (or ignoring) the problem - even more worse. If you ask any alcohol man about his addiction, he will reply you immediately:

"Yes, this is very serious problem, but thanks God, not with me !"

Think about ...

Lindus Edwards wrote:I appreciate that you have "broken English" Alex

Nothing really to appreciate. But what I can do ??? My kids are talking, writing and reading on English better than me. I can't improve too much things here.

Lindus Edwards wrote:but for the life of me I cannot comprehend what it is your are edeavouring to impart

See above. I am trying to help myself, yourself and other people. At least - I highlighted the problem. It is also proved - some people are more addictive, other less. For strong spirit people like Richard Pask, who find an ability to leave this board 99% from posts - it is not a problem, for other - ... may be.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re:

Postby Lindus Edwards on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:53 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Lindus Edwards on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindus Edwards

Re: "Merry Christmas to our dear friend "D

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:20 pm

:lol:
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Previous

Return to General Discussion