"The "Sock" vs. "Alex"

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

"The "Sock" vs. "Alex"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:55 am

:lol: This years high calibur Ohio State checker tournament is coming up very soon. And since it is just around the corner you should put in your reservations immediately today, if not sooner, to insure that you will have a bed. Otherwise just bring along your tent or camper. :lol: "Someone should encourage Louis to bring an extra clean sock just in case Alex's car breaks down again". :lol: Motel management should put a complimentary copy of the "6th" in each players room (along side the Gideon Bible) just in case one can't sleep. Extra copies should be made available for those who will be staying in tents or their campers--at a minimum charge. Joe LoConti and Richard Beckwith work hard to insure that there will be :lol: "Tournament Fun for Everyone" :lol: --that is their guarantee, which is included in your entry fee. So support their work and checkers by attending this fine tournament. :lol: A checker tournament is always a good place to meet some of your old friends and make some new ones--along with enjoying a few good games of checkers--win or lose--everyone wins here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Former District 6 Champion to attend........................

Postby Alan Millhone on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:12 am

Hello Ms. Becky:

I have on my tournament callender to attend the upcoming Ohio State Tournament. Some World Class players will be there to test your skills in Dama. Time clocks will be used and games will be recorded. You will also need to have current ACF Membership to enter:-) All of this leads to a professional Checker event. From what Ms. Becky wrote I hope Mr. Alex has enough copies of SIXTH to go around to everyone!!

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" AN AVERAGE CHECKER/DRAUGHTS PLAYER "
===============================================
Checkers------------- " The mind sport alternative to video games "
===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: "The "Sock" vs. "Ale

Postby rich beckwith on Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:38 pm

Thanks for the plug. Ms. Becky.

This is the same location as the National, and this hotel normally has plenty of rooms (provided no local golf events are in progress), unlike recent District 6 situation.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Mr. Checkers on Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Richard we are assuming that Louis will be riding with you to the Ohio State Checker Tournament this next weekend. Please ask Louis to give us a ten year update as to any increase or decrease of the amebic populations along the roadside. We first encountered them there over ten years ago during our trips together to the Pa. and Ohio State checker tournaments. Also give Louis and Tony my best--and thank them for all the wonderful tournament memories that we shared together some ten years ago.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Postby rich beckwith on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:34 pm

No problem, Ms. Becky! I dropped Louis a card today to make sure we are still on for next week, as I haven't seen him or Tony since the National. Normally Louis picks me up in his truck, and he does the driving down to Medina (since he's afraid the "rowdy kids of Willoughby" will go after this truck if he leaves it there for the weekend).
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Return to Tournament Discussion