BBS

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

BBS

Postby CSi on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:29 am

My congratulations to the ACF team on this forum. I see that anon postings may become a thing of the past - at least then Alex will not mistakenly post under guest LOL:)

I have been inundated with requests to reinstate the BBS - which I will do in January. The board was taken down due to some posts by Alex regarding my contribution to checkers these last few years - needless to say I was very upset. Also some remarks on this board were a bit disrespectful to a service that in the main has been a great benefit to the checker world - and had laid the foundation for this ACF Forum. I do not expect to get an apology and hopefully Alex will be too busy putting in his 25% here to upset anyone else!

Respectfully,

George Miller
CSi

Re: BBS

Postby Jason Solan on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:34 am

George,
I for one was sad to see the BBS down. I enjoy reading through it when i got the chance. Although i do appreciate the forward to this Forum in hopes to capture some more readers and posters.

I do believe that both serve distinct purposes and can co-exist without a problem. I'm looking forward to the re-opening.

You've done a wonderful job and a great service to the checkers community.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. I know it is not easy trying to keep a semblance of control without disrupting free speech, and i feel you did a good job of that in the past.

--Jason Solan
ACF Webmaster
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:38 am

Hello, dear George ! Your post fantastically surprize and disappointed me. Disapponted, because everything you said about me and my intention has nothing to do with reality :roll:

I appreciate your decision to discontinue BBS. It was a right and benefficiary for checkers and community, and I am glad to see that my efforts here were not for nothing and you listen my arguments about addiction and dependency. As you can see - it is much better and clear atmosphere here, and posts are more constructive.

Yes, I seriously criticized (and continue doing this) BBS, but I can't remember where and when I sriticized you personally, or showed any disrespect to you, your nomination, or your role in checkers community.

Again - I did criticize BBS and "like BBS" online monsrters, but it has nothing to do with you. Often enough people consider and associate author of book with it heroes, which is wrong. BBS has it's own life.

BBS was good and benefficiary for checkers 3 years ago, but not today. I am surpisze you do the same mistake - associate BBS critics with yourself. Those are two different things.

For better (but not accurate) analogy I can say: BBS can be compared with nuclear bomb, and you are scientist who developed it ! :lol:

=============================================================

George, we were friends and I really hope we'll continue to keep our relations at the highest level. If any apologizes are needed here - you have all of them man ! But I trully don't know - what I need to be appologise for :?:

You are doing good job, which highly welcome and appreciated. I can only join with other people for your nomination. I would nominate you in 2005 for your contribution to promote Suicide Checkers.

If you want to re-open BBS in January - I don't see any problems and you have my approval :lol: You are webmaster, and this is your baby.I wish you Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. I hope New Year will be better and easy for all of us.

George, if there is anything I said or wrote which you don't like - you can email me and we'll resolve it in 5 minutes. You can type my earlier zone id which I used in 1997-2000 and after then - juno.com and your email reach me !

George, don't listen arguments of other people, listen your heart !

Alex

===============================================================

CSi wrote:The board was taken down due to some posts by Alex regarding my contribution to checkers these last few years - needless to say I was very upset.

This perfect example of "disinterpretation" my posts. I don't know where you read and who told you this - but this is wrong.

And, if for whateve rreason you have problems or don't like something in my posts - you can easy email me or ask directly and straight question in forum. I am always open for everyone.
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Alan's observations

Postby Alan Millhone on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:09 am

Hello George:

I also enjoyed the BBS and feel there is plenty of room for both in our Checker/Draughts community around the globe. If the BBS is up and running again then the ACF Forum will likely eliminate 'guest' posters,etc. Those individuals can freely post under a multitude of names on the BBS. Everyone should also remember that you as an individual have a choice on either forum to either read or not read any posting and you also have the right of not responding to any poster. I will visit and post on both forums, but alwys under my own name each time.

I want to publicly thank Mr. George Miller for the BBS and will welcome its reutrn when ready.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
" Supporter of all Druaghts/Checker Forums"
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 pm

When I was in Prague I realized that the Czech players, an Italian, an Israeli and an Austrian player had read my and Michael's postings on the BBS, George, concering the tournament, so the BBS was THE information source from players all over the world.
Never again shut it down because of complaints from single persons,
Never mind if someone posts "redundantant" junk posts,
Never mind "abusive" or "obscene" postings,

PUT IN ONLINE AGAIN

You delivered THE information highway on checkers/draughts, and I doubt that THIS forum will ever reach so many players from all over the world.

THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Greetinx from winter-cold Germany,

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Return to Broken Boards