BBS

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

Miserables

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:21 pm

Hi, Alan !

I agree with you that deleting posts is a very "special action" which can be taken only on serious occasion. And I think we have this situation now :roll: Deleting and maintain / editing posts is a great feature. It allows people better control and adjust texts. Although, we all are humans, and sometime say something, which we maynot like next day :oops:

Thats what happened with my posts in this topic. I only deleted miserable posts, which don't promote anything and don't have a positive spirit, are useless and less informative.

Now, after my deletion, we only have in this topic most valuable, promotional, intelligent posts and people can enjoy reading them without referring to my name.

I accept your note as moderator and will try in future do not contribute anything to MISERABLES :lol: I read everything I deleted and can guarantee with all my honesty - you and other forum readers didn't miss anything !

Respectfully,

Mr. Alex
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: BBS - topic #2

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:27 pm

It is a bad state of affairs when a person has to delete his own posts. They must have been very bad posts indeed.

Wiswellism

Postby Alan Millhone on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:29 pm

Hello Mr. Alex:

30 some years ago Mr. Tommy Wiswell stayed at my home for a week.

He once told me at that time to " Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative".................. That holds very true today.

We all have much to lear from you our current 3-Move World Champion.

Your diagrams on this forum are studied by many and myself each time you present one or more. Your time is better served and spent educating us less informed to make us better players:-)

Sincerely:
Alan
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:30 pm

Mr Alex it is your posts that need to be deleted. But at least you had the goodness to delete some of your own.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:09 am

Anonymous wrote:It is a bad state of affairs when a person has to delete his own posts. They must have been very bad posts indeed.

Anonymous wrote:Mr Alex it is your posts that need to be deleted. But at least you had the goodness to delete some of your own.

Something for moderator.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:29 pm

delete

Re: Same old, same old

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:12 pm

JohnAcker wrote:We all know who the troublemakers

Dear John,

the number of my miserable jelious enemies :P is very, extremely small and all of them can be counted by fingers on one hand :lol: If webmaster and moderator have any intention to find the true (I guarantee - very unfortunate true) - they can easy trace these posts. And in this case you will be very surprise to learn who posted all these miserable junk beauties.

I think allowing guests to post here as anonimous - just a software bag or incorrect settings and can be easy fix.

Russian checkers forum have the same structure and they require all posters to register. Often enough we have on Russian forum very "hot sharp" conversations :roll: , however - everyone knows who is his/her oppponents.

Regards,

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:18 pm

John there are still a few bugs that have to be worked out in the ACF Forum. You will find, as many of us have already, that you can check in, post a message and then submit it only to find that your message came up as "Guest, even though you never typed that in.

guests

Postby jan mortimer on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:36 pm

I have found that too guest in here, and often have to put my messages in as guest.Alex it wasnt a matter of your jealous enemies on bbs or here, its your controversial style where you push a lot of buttons and get people jumping in indignation lol. Theres an old saying, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen,and i think thats applicable to you in this case. It wasnt the "guests" that caused trouble at bbs in most cases, yes there were silly kids and obscenitys, but only on rare occasions.Alex it was your "style" that caused the most controversys.But to censure everything thats in a forum is ridiculous, and soon noone will post.There has been no obscenities here, therefore moderator should be left out of it and give people freedom of speech, whether its upsetting to you alex or not.
jan mortimer

miserables!

Postby jan mortimer on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Can someone please tell me why the topic bbs 2 was changed to miserables?At least in bbs our titles were not changed on us, and this is an extremely emotive title.
jan mortimer

miserables

Postby jan mortimer on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Thanks for changing it back to bbs 2
jan mortimer

guests

Postby liam stephens_mg on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi Jan, Probably a case of Les Miserables (Victor Hugo).

I also have had some difficulty with postings. When I log in and then put my name in 'username box' then type a message, when I try to send it a message comes up saying "sorry this user name has already been taken". What I have had to do is log out again and re-enter my name with the letters mg added (to make it different) then post as guest.

By the way, I played some postal games many years ago with a person named H Doherty from Belfast. I wonder if that might be the person you referred to? Joe Gilliland was also from Belfast.

Regards - Liam
liam stephens_mg

W.Docherty

Postby jan mortimer on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Maybe was the same person Liam,altho in the nz draughts review its W.Docherty.The old reviews are fascinating and we hope to post some of the contents on our new NZ website which should be out hopefully before christmas
jan mortimer

N Z Website

Postby liam stephens_mg on Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:09 pm

That's wonderful news Jan. I am very much looking forward to seeing a new Draughts website conducted with civility and good manners.

Regards - Liam.

There's a pawnshop round the corner in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania!
liam stephens_mg

Re: BBS

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:53 pm

I hope that is not meant as a slam on the ACF Forum, which you found useful to verbalize your other postings sir.

PreviousNext

Return to Broken Boards