Online Tournament, Mail-Play time controls

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Online Tournament, Mail-Play time controls

Postby AKA on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm

It's known between 2 playesr (1 english master and 1 american master) that you were making checker programs as early as 1993. So I'll ask you - which program did you use against Chinook in 1996? As far as Deep Thought goes, maybe you are a good chess player, but didn't you end up having a 1700 USCF rating?

I'll challenge you to a match of multiple games. Checkers and Chess at Kurnik, and your own Gothic Chess at your gothic chess server. If you want to include some other games, like Chinese Chess, Russian checkers, or Brasilian checkers, etc, thats fine too :)
AKA

Re: Online Tournament, Mail-Play time controls

Postby EdTrice on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:58 pm

AKA wrote:It's known between 2 playesr (1 english master and 1 american master) that you were making checker programs as early as 1993. So I'll ask you - which program did you use against Chinook in 1996? As far as Deep Thought goes, maybe you are a good chess player, but didn't you end up having a 1700 USCF rating?

I'll challenge you to a match of multiple games. Checkers and Chess at Kurnik, and your own Gothic Chess at your gothic chess server. If you want to include some other games, like Chinese Chess, Russian checkers, or Brasilian checkers, etc, thats fine too :)

You are full of crap.

I wrote a chess program in the 1980's, called The Sniper. It ran on a Macintosh computer with 512K of RAM, and an 800K disk that also contained the operating system, as hard drives had not been invented yet.

In 1989 I played in my last chess tournament, and with 2 wins, 3 draws, and 4 losses in the Under 2400 section, my rating hit bottom at 2207. I never played chess after this.

In 1992 I founded Circumflex Software, a software consulting business, based out of Long Island, New York. In 1993, I trained for the New York City Marathon and completed it, limping the last 8 miles, but still crossing the finish line.

I had software development contracts with Philip-Morris USA, Joseph E. Seagram and Sons, J.P. Morgan Guaranty Trust Company, and Moody's Investor Services. From 1992-1996, I hardly saw the sun, as I rose before 6 AM to take the Long Island Railroad into Manhattan from Suffolk County, and I worked very long days, 10 hours being the average, with a 6-day work week.

The last thing on earth I wanted to do after writing 5,000 lines of code a week was to do any programming.

In 1996 I sold my consulting business for a royal mint, and took almost a whole year off before "working" more than 3 hours a day at anything. I think it was well established in previous posts what I did with a good portion of my free time.

In 1997 I founded a new company, Infinite Loop Software, with 3 software products released that year: Blackjack Deluxe, World Championship Checkers, and The Sniper III. This was the first time I developed any checkers software at all.

My handle on GothicChessLive.com is GothicInventor and I never refuse a challenge. My games are of public record, and anyone can review them at any time here:

http://www.gothicchesslive.com/one-players-games.php?id=63

Since you must resort to lying to establish ficticious versions of things that never took place, I will never reply to any more of your posts.

Have a great life.
--Ed
EdTrice

Previous

Return to Tournament Discussion