"Checker Facts and Trivia"

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"Checker Facts and Trivia"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:12 pm

This is undoubtedly one of the most popular segments of the ACF Forum. I am sure that Alan will tell you that all ACF Forum members are welcome to contribute positive checker facts and trivia to it. In making our postings here we try to show that there is much much more to checkers than just moving from 11-15 etc on a checkerboard. A lot of research and thought goes into formulating our questions--and a lot of people that enjoy attempting to answer them also spend endless amounts of time doing research; plus they add much more interesting information in their answers than was originally asked for. Today we received a very kind email from a lady that visited our checker museum recently. She really enjoyed her visit to such an extraordinary place (she had never seen anything like this before) and she promised to return again. She remarked that it was nice to meet someone with a very checkered past who lived in a checker museum, both of which were firsts for her. And again please let me mention that all of you are welcome to post checker facts and trivia here, i.e. this checker player had 6 fingers on each of his hands? "Checker Trivia questions of the Day"? are meant to be for "fun" and the questions are "food for thought" for those that are interested in trying to answer them.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Reply from Belpre,Ohio

Postby Alan Millhone on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:09 pm

Hello Ms. Becky:

I enjoy all the forum posts (as long as they are constructive). I appreciate the trivia postings very much :-) Yes, a lot more to the game than just moving 11-15. I have noted of late some 'mean spirited' posts that only detract from the ACF Forum and I hope they subside shortly.

I also enjoy (very much) the diagrams and annotations that have been on the forum under 'positions',etc. Thanks to Mr. Alex and all others who contribute.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
===============================================
" Attempting to study my copy of SIXTH as time permits"
===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Re: "Checker Facts and Trivia"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:18 pm

I think that is really great that more and more of you are taking the time to participate in our "Checker Trivia" section of the Forum, which ultimately makes this more fun for everyone; plus the answers to the trivia questions are not only challenging to come up with, but they are also very interesting checker facts to know. And as I said before--everybodys imput into the "Checker Trivia" is most welcomed. Ms. Becky and "Inky"
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Checker Facts and Trivia"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:57 pm

:lol: Patrick the "Checker Facts and Trivia" segment of the ACF Forum is here for everyones enjoyment. And as been expressed many times before--everyone is encouraged and most welcome to contribute positive imput to it. :lol: (Cont.)
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia