3move QT

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

3move QT

Postby AKA on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:07 pm

What is the latest list of players attending in Stonehaven?
AKA

Re: 3move QT

Postby rich beckwith on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:24 pm

This is an approximate list I saw recently from the hotel reservations, but there may need to be a few updates. Also, I'm not sure about some of the "locals," like the Youngs.

R Beckwith
D Harwood
W Docherty
I Zachos
G Secci
J Morrison
M Borghetti
C Nash
F Bednall
R Allicock
R King
R Williams
B Durdyev
M Durdyev
J. Reade?
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 pm

All I can say is that, unfortunately, I can't make it to Stonehaven, so Michael has to find another one he can take two games away...

Would have been beaten in each game anyway, I guess.
I hope that the games will be published like the QT games last year (still waiting for the Barbados games), and it looks like the best event this year, maybe only the US national is similar in strenghts, but has less nations involved...

Greetinx from sunny and hot Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Ingo_Zachos wrote:Would have been beaten in each game anyway

Ingo, how we can prove this if you don't play ? :P
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

3 move qualifer

Postby ae_ted on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:00 am

Does winning the USA nationals tital qualifey you automatically to play in the world match upcoming? Or does a winner of the USA ACF nationals have to go qualify as the ones on the above list are doing?
I suppose what I am asking is dodes the WCDF recognize ACF aaccomplishments.
Sportsmanship is more important than a win any day Better to be known for word and honor than a win
ae_ted

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:20 am

shr wrote:

I don't want it to be proven, that's why I don't play... ;-)

Joking aside: I played a few 3 move games and a short yahoo match with Sune Thrane in that style, but all I got were positions that I felt must be bad, and should be avoided.
In chess all games r GAYP, so I am prejudiced, and I feel very unhappy if I have to make moves I would not make on my own...

But the main reason not to go to Stonehaven was another: It conflicts with my incolvement at the Dortmunder Schachtage which is also cheaper to get to, so I choose one thing for the other...

To ae_ted:

The WCDF only requires the title holder to defend his or her title against the winner of the respective QT, not the winner of any other tournament.

However, the world champion is free to accept any private challenge, provided the winner of this match still plays the official challenger, that is how King and Francis played for the GAYP title, and the winner, in this case King, still has to face his official challenger, Jim Morrison, winner of the GAYP QT in Prague 2005.

So a win at the US nationals is not a qualification, but the winner may feel free to challenge the title holder privately, but the title holder may decline this challenge, in contrast to the challenge of the WCDF QT winner, which he can't turn down.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

Greetinx from hot and sunny Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos

BTW: Provided all of the above players show up (but me), King is still the favourite, but Docherty, the Durdyevs, Beckwith, Morrison, Williams (reigning Barbadian champion!), Allicock (2nd last 3 move QT in Barbados) and Nash (reigning Youth World Champion) are also very strong players, able to win the event.
All the others seem to be at least strong masters, and so the event might be even better in quality then the US nationals this year.
And nobody really knows how strong Borghetti is. He played a few team matches, in which he was very superior to the UK players, so he might be even stronger then the above mentioned...
Last edited by Ingo_Zachos on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:40 am

shr wrote:

I don't want it to be proven, that's why I don't play... ;-)

Joking aside: I played a few 3 move games and a short yahoo match with Sune Thrane in that style, but all I got were positions that I felt must be bad, and should be avoided.
In chess all games r GAYP, so I am prejudiced, and I feel very unhappy if I have to make moves I would not make on my own...

But the main reason not to go to Stonehaven was another: It conflicts with my incolvement at the Dortmunder Schachtage which is also cheaper to get to, so I choose one thing for the other...

To ae_ted:

The WCDF only requires the title holder to defend his or her title against the winner of the respective QT, not the winner of any other tournament.

However, the world champion is free to accept any private challenge, provided the winner of this match still plays the official challenger, that is how King and Francis played for the GAYP title, and the winner, in this case King, still has to face his official challenger, Jim Morrison, winner of the GAYP QT in Prague 2005.

So a win at the US nationals is not a qualification, but the winner may feel free to challenge the title holder privately, but the title holder may decline this challenge, in contrast to the challenge of the WCDF QT winner, which he can't turn down.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

Greetinx from hot and sunny Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos

BTW: Provided all of the above players show up (but me), King is still the favourite, but Docherty, the Durdyevs, Beckwith, Morrison, Williams (reigning Barbadian champion!), Allicock (2nd last 3 move QT in Barbados) and Nash (reigning Youth World Champion) are also very strong players, able to win the event.
All the other seem to be at least strong masters, and so the event might be even better in quality then the US nationals this year.
And nobody really knows how strong Borghetti is. He played a few team matches, in which he was very superior to the UK players, so he might be even stronger then the above mentioned...
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:49 am

Here are my predictions:

1) All three Americans finish in top 6;

2) One Durdyev will be in top 3;

3) Suki will lose at least one single game;

4) Richard Beckwith will not lose any game;

5) Rawle Allicock will play here much better than in Prague;

6) Number of drawn games for William Docherty will be limited (he can win 7 or 8 and lose 3 ... or something like this)

7) David Harwood should beat at least one leading player.

8 ) Michelle Borgettin will be in leading group most of the tournament, but not likely to win the event.

9) For Clayton Nash everything will be strongly depends on luck! If he wins first game nicely or lose badly - this may have influence on his whole performance.

10) Rawle Williams finish very close to 50% points. Encyclopedic knoweldges of GAYP play should help him in most games, but not all.

11) Winner of this tournament will be someone who already ordered SIXTH prior the tournament which help him to be better prepared !

I already said earlier - I am very happy and lucky that I shouldn't play in this event :lol:

I wish everyone good luck and play their best checkers. I hope the best player would be a winner of event and provide me the strongest competition.

For the time now I am working hard trying to raise the fund of my 2007 match up to $25,000 :lol: I hope this unprove unofficial information may raise players motivation and stimulation :lol:

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby bazkitcase5 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 pm

i'm very interested to know why winning or losing my first game has any influence?

have u noticed a trend at any other tournaments or something? i don't think winning or losing the first game affects me more than it does anybody else
bazkitcase5

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:07 pm

Clay, you didn't read my message with full attention ! :D My prediction #1 stated that all three Americans will finish among top 6. What does it mean ? If you have bad luck - you will be sixth (I like this number!), but if you have a good luck - I am afraid to make any predictions !

I hope this should satisfy you more :P

Alex
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby bazkitcase5 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:56 pm

it just got my attention because u singled me out - but i don't think winning or losing the first game bothers me anymore than it does any of the other competitors, but i hope to fulfill the prediction, particularly if i win first game
bazkitcase5

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:30 pm

Would be interesting to know who plays in the British Open, held this week in Stonehaven.

Greetinx from sunny anbd very hot Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Return to Tournament Discussion