BBS

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

topic # 2

Postby Liam Stephens_mg on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:41 pm

Ms Becky wrote:

All ladies should be treated with with dignity and respect.

Exactly my point. It matters not, whether I like them or not.
Liam Stephens_mg

Re: BBS - topic #2

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:20 pm

:oops:
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Lindus Edwards on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:22 pm

Precisely Liam! Concerning the offensive posts on the BBS in respect of two ladies in particular I am given to understand that the filthy comments were duly deleted by George Miller as soon as he became aware of them.
I did not see the posts in question - nor would I want to - and consequently did not comment on the BBS about them.
Ms Becky, I ask with all the deference I can afford to you, how can you presuppose that Liam Stephens read the offensive posts on the BBS?
Even if he did it would not make any difference to his assertion in this chain of posts.
Liam is right to admonish Alex in regard to any offensive remark made about Jan Mortimer. No amount of protestation can alter that.
Lindus Edwards

Postby Mr. Checkers on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Checkers

topic # 2

Postby Liam Stephens_mg on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm

Well, Alex, if your post was as inoffensive as you claim, why not repost it , exactly as previously stated, and let the readers and Alan Millhone as moderator be the judge. Your immediate deletion of the offending material
speaks louder than words.
Liam Stephens_mg

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:31 pm

Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: topic # 2

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:36 pm

Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

I read everything on the BBS

Postby Alan Millhone on Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:50 pm

Hello everyone around the globe:-)

I read every posting (as I have the time) that appears on the ACF Forum.

If I miss a terribly offensive posting, please let me know....................

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Lindus Edwards on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:00 pm

Ms Becky,
I am perplexed. In a post directed to Liam Stephens you remonstrate with him about his failure to respond to comments made on the BBS, and yet when I make a comment here concerning an objectionable statement you say that I do not need to echo the posts of others!
If I had not done so I have no doubt that you would have found that wrong too!!
Lindus Edwards

offensive post

Postby jan mortimer on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:09 pm

Alex,it seems to me that maybe you need to reprint what you deleted in regards to me,as i didnt see the post,and if its not offensive lets see it.
jan mortimer

Re: offensive post

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:19 pm

Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:37 pm

Yes, it is offensive Alex. So kindly delete it :oops: :oops: :oops:

offensive post

Postby jan mortimer on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Oh i missed it alex, maybe was not meant to be, if guest found it offensive too
jan mortimer

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:15 pm

Jan, all I can say - there were nothing about you personally. It was message about broken English, improper usage and prononciation some words, and examples from real stories with immigrants, including myself.

Liam considered examples as offensive due to dirty lanuguage. After then he mentioned that ladies can read my post in this forum (this is how your name comeup on board), and I removed my post. After then Lindus came to arena :lol: ... So ==> typical BBS "storm in glass of water"

OK I am a bit tired of all these "BBS like beaties" :twisted: :twisted: . I will delete this post and all my other posts in this topic in the next couple days. Don't see the reason to leave them here for a while.

Obviously me and Liam are on different part of planet :lol: and have different sense of humor and understanding - what is iffensive.

Alex

postings

Postby jan mortimer on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:25 pm

thanks for the explanation alex,im actually doing a lot of gardening today as in nz its really hot, 32 deg c yesterday,so im doing lots of chores outside,and just coming in now an again and reading acf forum.While acf forum is doing a good job,there is still a place for bbs as its more universal and more uk people contribute,
jan mortimer

PreviousNext

Return to Broken Boards