"Pa. State Checker Tournament Final Results"

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

"Pa. State Checker Tournament Final Results"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:34 pm

A great tournament is under way at Grove City, Pa. Here are the results from day one. (1) Alex Moiseyev-12 pts. (2) Tony Kozenski-11 pts. (3) Louis Cowie-10 pts. (4) Ed Bruch-10 pts. 5. Richard Beckwith-10 pts. (6) Del Rumpf-10 pts. (7) Alan Millhone-9 pts. (8 Neil Wenberg-7 pts. (9) Tom Rea-5 pts. (10) Donell Guy-3 pts. and (11) Anatoly Rayevsky- 2 pts.
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Pennsylvania State Checker Tournament Results&

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:27 pm

Another great Pa. State Checker Tournament has just ended a few momments ago. And here are the final results from this head to head competition. (1) Alex Moiseyev-22 pts. (2) Richard Beckwith-17 pts. (3) Tony Kozenski-16 pts.--Tony retains his Pa. State Championship title; plus he is the District 3 champion (4) Louis Cowie-16 pts. (5) Ed Bruch-16 pts.--at 90 years of age Ed is still a checker force to be dealt with (6) Alan Millhone-15 pts. (7) Del Rumpf-15 pts. (8 Neil Wenberg-13 pts. (9) Donell Guy-10 pts. (10) Anatoly Rayevsky-7 pts. (11) Tom Rea-5 pts.-did not play the second day. I do not have the honor points, so some final positions may be changed.
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Pa. State Checker Tournament Final Results&

Postby rich beckwith on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Another PA tournament is in the books. Alex Moiseyev was in his usual fine form, winning 6 out of 7 rounds over a good field without loss of a game. His new book Sixth was distributed to recipients at the tournament.

The tournament was a fine tune-up for next week's Nationals. Many of the new openings were seen during the tournament. (I personally had 4 new openings out of 7 rounds!)

A few details abot the standings above. Tony is state & District 3 champ, since Ohio is District 6. Cowie and Kozenski both had 100 honor pints, and Bruch 99 H.P.

Thanks goes to Tony Kozenski for arranging the venue, Alan Millhone for providing pop and pizza, Anatoly Rayevsky for bringing in birthday cake for his birthday, and to Ms. Becky for timely updates to this site.

We will be back in Grove City, PA June 9 & 10, 2007.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:07 pm

rich beckwith wrote:winning 6 out of 7 rounds

Richard kindly omitted the fact, that the only round which I drew was against him :lol:

4 regular and one bonus copy of SIXTH were sold during the tournament.

Everyone was happy to see Dale Rumpf returning back to real tournaments after 3 years disappearance. Good for checkers and for Dale.

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Briefly about Pa. Ty. this past week-end

Postby Alan Millhone on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:11 am

Hello everyone:

Playing this past week-end was like going thru a 'buzz saw' !! I attend these tournaments and play and then realize how little I know about the game:-)

The highlight of my week-end was getting my copies of SIXTH . This week after reviewing of this fine book I will post my comments on it from the perspective of an average player. For now I can assure all of you that getting SIXTH is a 'must' as an important study tool and a valuable addition to ones library on the game. Looking back it is sad that several of our more recent World Champions did little or nothing to contribute to the literature of our game, other than the fine contributions of DEO. Mr. Alex is to be commended on his dedication in getting his book published for all of us to enjoy.

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation
District 6 Champion
===============================================
" My own copy of SIXTH in hand "
===============================================
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Checkers on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Alan this is one of the great checker tournaments that you will go away from with many wonderful memories--all of which were included in your entry fee.
Mr. Checkers

Return to Tournament Discussion