USA vs Italy 3-moves International match.

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

USA vs Italy 3-moves International match.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 am

I am glad and proud to make preliminary announcement.

WHAT: 2nd Trophy Oreste Persico (1st International 3-moves Match USA vs Italy)

WHERE: The Match would be held inside the famous "Villa Borghese". Hospitality in the Olympic Training Center of Italian National Olympic Committee in Rome

WHEN: April 20, 2018 (arrival) - April 26 (Departure). I think (still TBD) we'll have Opening Ceremony and 1st round on April 21, 2 rounds on April 22-24, last (8th) round and closing ceremony on April 25.

HOW: Each team consists of 8 members: 6 mans + 1 woman + 1 youth. We'll play on 8 boards - the same format similar to ones we played in the past against UK & I team. Woman and youth from each team will play against all players of opponent team as any other member of team.

Alternative players: More likely we will have 1 alternative player in each team.

Time control: TBD

Press and Internet coverage: TBD

WHY: this match will have great promotional and patriotic values in both countries along with sport values. Today Anglo-American Draughts get a very good boom and is growing in Italy, but in other hands - not all good players in USA passed away or retire yet! :D This match will help us to learn which team is doing better as-of-today, but most important - raise more interest and publicity to our old, fashion game in our countries. I personally also hope to see new faces here and meet new friends.

Financing: in general USA team will be responsible for transportation (air tickets) and FID will be responsible for hospitality and food. There will be a spot in "ACF Story" for donations and I also have some other promotional and fundraising ideas.

All for now

Stay on for more news.

A. Moiseyev
Captain of USA team
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: USA vs Italy 3-moves International match.

Postby Richard Marlowe on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:57 pm

I love this idea, Alex! Do you already have the the teams assembled?
Richard Marlowe

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Richard Marlowe wrote:I love this idea, Alex!
Thanks!
Richard Marlowe wrote:Do you already have the the teams assembled?
For American team we already selected. It will be released later because many other things are still not decided yet.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Here is link to donation page on ACF Store for International match USA vs Italy

http://www.usacheckers.com/store/index. ... uct_id=106

Please, support the entire event and specifically USA team to cover transportation, hospitality and food expanses.

We (ACF & FID) greatly need your support, wanted and highly appreciate it! Be part of history. This is first match among our countries. Our traditional matches against UK & I ended ten years ago and chances they materialize again are not very big. Last time (2006) USA team won this match by very high margin. Match with Italy will restore this great tradition of International matches and keep them alive.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Moiseyev
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion