Mr. Darcy Plays Draughts

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Mr. Darcy Plays Draughts

Postby chipschap on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:21 pm

My latest book, "Mr. Darcy Plays Draughts and Other Stories" is now out and available on both CreateSpace and Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Darcy-Plays-Draughts-Other-Stories/dp/1535303352/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475867239&sr=8-1&keywords=mr.+darcy+plays .

The book collects some of my better checker fiction from past years of The Checker Maven, as well as the title story, which is completely new and not available online.

If the book turns a profit (there's always hope) I'll use the funds to subsidize the ever-increasing costs of web services for my webzine.

Saturday's edition (10/8/16) of The Checker Maven will have more information, including how to get a signed copy (believe it or not some people have asked).
chipschap

Re: Mr. Darcy Plays Draughts

Postby George Hay on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:47 pm

I just received my copy of Mr. Darcy Plays Draughts And Other Stories in the post from Amazon.
This is a nice paperback with clear checker diagrams. Of course, anyone familiar with The Checker Maven
knows the writing and checkers are top notch! Congrats Bob Newell on publication of your new book! :)

--George Hay
George Hay

Postby chipschap on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:36 pm

A few corrections have been made as there were three printing errors pointed out by helpful readers.

You can get the revised pages here:

http://www.bobnewell.net/filez/mrdarcy.zip

I'll be reprinting in January, and if you bought an older copy and want a corrected copy, please contact me. It will take a little time but I'll see that you get one.
chipschap

Postby George Hay on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:45 am

Bob Newell, aka chipschap, aka The Checke Maven, thank you for the correction updates! Of course, an error free checker book has never been published and probably never will be! I am happy with my first edition/first printing copy of the book! I hope this is not too controversial, but I appreciate you labeling the checkers BLACK and WHITE (not RED and WHITE). :)

--George Hay
George Hay

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment