2015 Checker Italian Championship

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

2015 Checker Italian Championship

Postby sergio on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:33 am

Hello everyone,
We played our checker championship last weekend, from Friday to Sunday. This year, for the first time, we decided to play a Go-As-You-Please tournament in order to select the players that will take part in the 2015 GO-As-You-Please WQT, in Wales.

Here’s the final standings:
1st Sergio Scarpetta 19 (honour points 75), 2nd Michele Borghetti 19 (honour points 72), 3rd Matteo Bernini 18, 4th Giovanni Fava 13, 5th Cesare Flavoni 12, 6th Roberto Cartella 11, 7th Gennaro Bruno 10, 8th Claudio Natale 4, 9th Antonino Gallina 2.

So far we have played 7 championships, I won six times, including the last five in a row.

The games are free and can be downloadable from http://www.manghisi.it//index2.htm (see dama inglese section ).

I’m quite sure that Michele Borghetti and Matteo Bernini will be nominated officially by FID for 2015 WQT .

Sergio Scarpetta
sergio

Re: 2015 Checker Italian Chmapionship

Postby Palomino on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 am

Sergio, congratulations on bring home first place in a very close finish! In horse racing that would be "Won by a nose". Congrats also to Miki on your second place finish! Glad to see Matteo has earned the right to go to the WQT In Wales, will be very interesting.
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Re: 2015 Checker Italian Championship

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:06 am

Congratulations to Italian English Draughts trio :D Sergio, Miki and Matteo. Well done. Good luck to Miki and Matteo in QT. The best should win!

AM
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to Tournament Discussion