WQT in Clarksville.

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

WQT in Clarksville.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

I decided to open new topic and continue our discussion about hotel / location / cabs etc here

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:
Palomino wrote:Alex, How was your stay at the Red Roof Inn? Would you recommend them?
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who has a car ! :D Clean, silent, professional, no maintenance problems, safely. But it is located 5-6 miles away from GameShop.

When I drove back-and-forward, I saw on my way few hotels 2.5-3.5 miles away from playing location. But I don't recommend anything so far, until I seriously analyze reviews.

AM

Palomino wrote:Sergio,
I checked with Yellow Cab and the cost would be about $16.00 ( about 12 Euros) for a one way ride (6 miles) each morning and another $16.00 each evening for the return trip. This would cover the cost for up to 4 passengers.
($2.45 for the cab plus $2.25 per mile)

If the venue changes as Joe has indicated it might....then ???

"Pal"
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: WQT in Louisville.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 am

So far, to the best of my knowledge's, several people mentioned that they are seriously plan and willing to attend this event:

R. King
J. Francis
L. Kondlo
S. Scarpetta
M. Bernini
A. Moiseyev
L. Keen
J. Morrison

This information is preliminary and social indeed, nothing confirmed or official. I know that few more USA players were interested terms and conditions. J. Shwartz and R. Hallett refused to accept my offer for very serious :D reason - too cold in November in Louisville !

Our new 3-moves World Champ M. Borghetti must be very proud of quality of upcoming WQT event !

It would be very nice if Shane McCosker and/or Hugh Devlin can visit us along with William Docherty. USA always being nice place for visiting !

Anyone else is also very welcome, wanted and appreciated. I would like to see my Germany friends Ingo Zachos and Igor Martinov, Israel and Russian players, UK experts and many, many other best of the best around the world. It would be also very beneficiary and raise event prestige if WCDF President Richard Beckwith attend this event!

Sincerely yours,

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby sergio on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Palomino, it was very kind of you. The costs of taxis/yellow cabs are reasonable. I think it would be the best solution for me and other Italian players.

Anyway, any decision will be made in mid-September, when the venue is official.

Thank you again.

Alex, thank you for your immediate reply and for your efforts to motivate people to take part in this important event.

Best regards
Sergio Scarpetta
sergio

Postby williamdocherty on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi everyone

When is this WQT ?

I am severly out of practice, but it is tempting...

William :oops:
williamdocherty

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:02 pm

williamdocherty wrote:Hi everyone

When is this WQT ?

I am severly out of practice, but it is tempting...

William :oops:
Here is what I find in another forum topic ...

Michael Holmes wrote:Resolutions Agreed by the WCDF Executive Board 2013/14

1. 18 December 2013 (Proposed J. Reade, seconded I. Caws) Regarding the European Cup, that the WCDF should pay for the cup, certificates and medals each year. Secondly that all countries participating in the European Cup should affiliate to the WCDF.

2. 23 December 2013 (Proposed J. Reade, seconded R. Beckwith) That the WCDF should accept Michael Holmes' bid to hold the World Qualifiers 2014 at Louisville KY from 13 to 16 November 2014.

John Reade, WCDF Secretary, 23 December 2013.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby S_McCosker on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:

It would be very nice if Shane McCosker and/or Hugh Devlin can visit us along with William Docherty. USA always being nice place for visiting !

It's tempting to say the least but expensive. Plus I'm not really sure what is required for Visa's etc....

Regards,

Shane
S_McCosker

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 pm

S_McCosker wrote:Plus I'm not really sure what is required for Visa's etc....
Shane, I don't really believe you need a visa to USA. I can't remember I had one when I played in Irish Open 2007. But money ... yea-a-a. :evil:
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby champion374 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 pm

visas are hard to get in Barbados. the money has gone up to get them and you don't even get back your money if you been turn down
Kent ,,Ace,, Layne checker player from Barbados
champion374

Postby rich beckwith on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Michael Holmes has located a hotel in Louisville area (which is actually across the river in Indiana) for the November WCDF Qualifier. Hotel for playing (with free playing room): Best Western, 1425 Broadway Street, Clarksville, IN 47129. 812-288-9281.
$95.00 per day includes breakfast. Block is for WCDF for November 11-16 (play 13-16). 15 minutes without traffic from Louisville Airport. 4 minutes from downtown Louisville. Restaurants (Golden Corral, Bob Evans, Mexican place) within walking distance; Walmart and Target are just a couple of minutes away by car.
Richard Beckwith
ACF Treasurer / WCDF President
rich beckwith

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:48 pm

rich beckwith wrote:Michael Holmes has located a hotel in Louisville area (which is actually across the river in Indiana) for the November WCDF Qualifier. Hotel for playing (with free playing room): Best Western, 1425 Broadway Street, Clarksville, IN 47129. 812-288-9281.
$95.00 per day includes breakfast. Block is for WCDF for November 11-16 (play 13-16). 15 minutes without traffic from Louisville Airport. 4 minutes from downtown Louisville. Restaurants (Golden Corral, Bob Evans, Mexican place) within walking distance; Walmart and Target are just a couple of minutes away by car.
Thanks, Richard ! Did WCDF approved bid replacement ?

Respectfully,

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: WQT in Clarksville.

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:53 pm

This is hotel which I picked in Clarksville - "Clarion Hotel Conference Center Louisville North" in Clarksville.

http://www.clarionhotel.com/ires/en-US/ ... otel=IN043

This is only 2.5 miles away from playing facility in Best Western Hotel, but cheaper ($73 so far per night before taxes) and seems to be better overall. However I should confirm than this time Michael picked a good deal and everything seems to be OK with Best Western. Reviews are close to excellent, rooms meet my expectations and standard :D

I hope our oversea guests will be satisfy and have a great time.

Respectfully,

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: WQT in Clarksville.

Postby Michael Holmes on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:13 am

The rooms have 2 queen size beds and there is no charge for two people staying in the same room. There is a charge for the third, etc, The hotel is in the Louisville area (which is actually across the river in Indiana) for the November WCDF Qualifier. Hotel for playing (with free playing room): Best Western(GreenTree), 1425 Broadway Street, Clarksville, IN 47129. 812-288-9281.
Michael Holmes

Return to Tournament Discussion