Barbados national championship results

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Barbados national championship results

Postby champion374 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:02 pm

It rained cats and dogs in Barbados, and fans descended on the All Souls Church Auditorium to take in the one event not affected by the weather; the finals of the Barbados National Draughts Tournament, and a chance to see two of the top GAYP draughts players in the world go head to head for a second time.

However, those arriving a few minutes late were sorely disappointed as they witnessed the duo made three moves (11-15, 22-17, 15-19) then shook hands and agreed to share the championship. The Barbados Draughts Association will now have to make changes to the rules to ensure that in future tournaments the competition discourage this practice, by allowing for a single champion..

However, much entertainment was provided in the majors division as Kent Layne and Anderson Hunte played, not only for the honour in being called Majors Champion, but a chance to be promoted to the Masters division. That contest went down to the wire, and Layne, capitalizing on an error by Hunte, emerged the winner.

In the Ladies final, champion Wilma Branch totally dominated her rival Wynell Neverson, inflicting a 2 -0 defeat on her opponent to hold on to her Ladies title.

Carson Farley, a former national champion, defeated Nathaniel Grovesnor 1 – 0 to earn third place in the masters, while Henderson Marshall was victorious over Andrew Harris in the majors third place playoff. He also finished 1 – 0.
Kent ,,Ace,, Layne checker player from Barbados
champion374

Re: Barbados national championship results

Postby champion374 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:03 pm

by the way im kent layne.im now a master.it been a good time in draughts for me drawing match with joe swartz in the world quli and with micheal holmes now wining the barbados national major championship is a plus.

how do i change my sign in name from champion374?
champion374

Postby George Hay on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:35 pm

Congratulations Kent! You are the Majors Champion; why would you change your sign in name?

--George Hay
George Hay

Postby champion374 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:29 pm

i want to change it to my real name. thanks for the congrats
champion374

Return to Tournament Discussion