A gentleman looking to buy....

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

A gentleman looking to buy....

Postby Jay H on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am

Greetings all,
I have recently been contacted through the OMOCH by a gentleman who is building himself a library of Checker books. He has quite a bit already, but is looking to purchase more. He asked me to contact Neil Wenberg, as he saw that Neil has books for sale. (he is not a member of the ACForum, but he does lurk here)....I figured I would do him one better and post here for him. If anyone has anything for sale, contact him with prices, condition, availability, etc.
His name is Nick, I am sure he would appreciate any feedback from here....
aneaglesfan07@gmail.com

Regards,
Jay Hinnershitz
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Re: A gentleman looking to buy....

Postby George Hay on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Jay, I don't have anything for sale, but I would not overlook the ACF Store. For any collector or student of the game there is Jim Loy's Checker Problems Vol I : Correcting the Ancients. It has corrections of William Payne, Joshua Sturges, Andrew Anderson, Henry Spayth, John Drummond, James Wyllie, the British Draught Player, John Robertson, Joseph Gould, R.E. Bowen, August Schaefer, and Luther Bradley. Just today, in the post, I received my copy of Loy's Guide: Correcting Lees' Guide to the Game of Draughts or Checkers. I was pleasantly surprised to to see that it has 157 pages, as the ACF store has Loy's Guide currently advertised at only 59 pages! What I like about these coil bound books is that Jim Loy has included the games to the problems (corrections). This makes Correcting the Ancients and Loy's Guide a great way to study the early checker books.

--George Hay

http://www.usacheckers.com/store/index. ... ommon/home
George Hay

Re: A gentleman looking to buy....

Postby Jay H on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanx George !!!
:thumbup:

Regards,
Jay Hinnershitz
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment