Nationals News and Results

Talk about upcoming tournaments or your experience at tournaments.

Re: Nationals News and Results

Postby Michael Holmes on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Steve,
Thanks for giving Alex those books. If you are looking to pass on those other books bring them to a tournament and give it to the last two players in a division. If they dont want them then you can certainly find a room of players that would want them, including me.
Michael
Michael Holmes

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Class "B" grandmaster shouldn't need to go to another state or even city :D Steve can give books to Mark who also resides in Cleveland and is very eager to all checkers literature. Per my advice, he already bought some of them but will be very glad to get more. I can guarantee - it will not be a nice gesture, but real and valuable help.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Michael Holmes on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Maybe Mark and Alex are still playing their first game Moiseyev. Either way, the match should be over in just a few minutes.
Michael Holmes

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Michael Holmes wrote:Either way, the match should be over in just a few minutes.
Do they have "total round time limit" ? There are no other rounds to the rest of day and if they have long ending, maybe they can continue ... ? Mark is well known as "lover to think" :D
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Chexhero on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Alex_Moiseyev wrote:
JohnAcker wrote:with four others ... Hallett
I am glad to see veteran is doing well ... no disrespect to Joe Moore. Richard Hallett level is good enough to give troubles anyone.

Hallet was very impressive. I played a complicated souter variation he never saw before, and he still managed to play it perfectly in a relatively short amount of time. Though I did mess up at the end by making my biggest and most embarrassing blunder in my ACF career, which I still trying to recover from. Overall, it is a very nice venue and a good playing room. Many ACF members are missing out.
Chexhero

Postby Michael Holmes on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

I can't wait to see the game.
Michael Holmes

Postby Michael Holmes on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Congratulations to Alex!!! I heard the first game was about 3 hours.
I can start taking lessons from Alex now (truth is that I have been learning new moves from Alex for quite some time-we have studied and practiced together and I have seen him come up with several very good lines that were either not in the book or incorrectly assumed weak by the books).

I'm really pulling for Alex "The Ace" to win a game from Jack . Great job son!
Dad
Michael Holmes

Postby jimloy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 am

2013 GAYP National games:

To help finance the 2013 Nationals, the ACF is selling copies of the unannotated games. PDF copies are $5, and paper copies are $12 plus shipping. Contact John at acker.jt@gmail.com to place your order. Thanks for supporting the ACF!
Last edited by jimloy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimloy

Postby jimloy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:20 am

2013 GAYP National games
Last edited by jimloy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimloy

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am

I just saw bad news - Alex H. lost both games to Jack. My message goes to Alex and I hope John or someone read it to him or pass ...

From Alex to Alex.

Dear Alex, I would like to share with you few tips

1) Nothing over yet, everything is still ahead.

2) There is nothing you have to prove.

3) Forget about points, enjoy checkers and play position on the board. Don't think about games you already played and bad moves you made. Leave it behind you to history and analysts.

4) Stop playing with white 24-20 (against 11-15). It was OK in the beginning of event and may surprise someone a bit, but not now. Your opponents more likely will be well prepared.

5) From any point, after winning and losing games, It could always be better or worse. You have a choice and your fate is in your hands.

6) Be strong.

7) Don't try to win game for any price.

8 ) Don't try to make "winning move", try to make "best move".

AM
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Thx for the games, Jim.

With 12 players, did you change to a round robin format?

Greetinx from Ole Europe,

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

What happened in the 5th round and what happened with tournament Chess-Arbiter website ? It's behavior is unacceptable.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Well ... here are absolutely unofficial news based on my phone conversation with John, who was driving on Interstate at the time of conversation. Alan Millhone left on site to perform referee duties for the only remain round.

Lubabalo Kondlo still plays with Richard Hallett their 1st (!!!) game which is lasted now to more than 5 hours. They started to count 40 moves in position where Lubabalo tries to win. It is very possible that we learned about final results of this and 2nd game late today or tomorrow.

Other couple results in Master Division: Jack Francis played 2 draws with Jim Morrison and Richard Beckwith (if I understand John correctly) won both games over Alex Holmes who played 24-20 again having white (against 11-15). John said that he read my message to Alex before round started.

Another good news: John said that he is willing to change host server for ChessArbiter website acfnationals.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Chexhero on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 pm

Richard Beckwith won 1 game against Alex Holmes and drew the other. Alex played black dyke against Rich, but it didn't work out for him. Me and Webster tied two games. It also looks like Kondlo got a win off Hallet.
Chexhero

Postby jimloy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:34 pm

2013 GAYP National games:

To help finance the 2013 Nationals, the ACF is selling copies of the unannotated games. PDF copies are $5, and paper copies are $12 plus shipping. Contact John at acker.jt@gmail.com to place your order. Thanks for supporting the ACF!
Last edited by jimloy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimloy

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Discussion