Woman's GAYP World Champion

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Woman's GAYP World Champion

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:55 am

As participant in Prague I thought that the Woman's Ty in Prague was announced as GAYP World Championship Tournament, so Amangul Durdyeva was proclaimed and applouded as "First Woman's GAYP World Champion" at the closing ceremony.

But now I read that the WCDF announced a "play-off" between Amangul Durdyeva, first at Prague and Jan Mortimer, second at Prague.

My question is simple: Who is the current title holder?

I understand it is Amangul Durdyeva, and Jan Mortimer is her first regular challenger. Am I right in my opinion?
Then the term "play-off" should be changed to "Woman's GAYP World Championship Match".

And why weren't the players at Prague informed about that ?

Maybe the WCDF should hold their general assembly at the place and time of their qualifiing events, because the international match in Las Vegas included only a small number of anglophone federations, for the internationals is no official WCDF event, so that matters like this or matters concering the rules could be solved easier...

Greeetinx from Dortmund, Germany

Ingo Zachos
Last edited by Ingo_Zachos on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo_Zachos

Re: Woman's GAYP World Champion

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Ingo_Zachos wrote:so Amangul Durdyeva was proclaimed ans applouded as "First Woman's GAYP World Champion" at the closing ceremony.
I join with applouds.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:My question is simple: Who is the current title holder?
Amangul Durdyeva.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:I understand it is Amangul Durdyeva
You understand correctly.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:and Jan Mortimer is her first regular challenger.
Correct.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:Am I right in my opinion?
Yes, you are.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:Then the term "play-off" should be changed to "Woman's GAYP World Championship Match".
Agree. Terminology "play-off" is used in other cases.

Ingo_Zachos wrote:only a small number of anglophone federations
Small, but gold !
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

world match

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:17 pm

It was decided at the WCDF meeting in Vegas, of which Alex was a part of, that the runnerup and first at prague would play off for the world title the following year.Mens and Womens world matches have always been played on 20 games at least not two, and i personally feel thats fair.
kiwinurse

Re: world match

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:35 pm

kiwinurse wrote:It was decided at the WCDF meeting in Vegas, of which Alex was a part of

Thanks for clarification, Jan ! Just one thing only - I wasn't a part of this WCDF meeting or any other WCDF meetings. I din't play in Las Vegas due to my limited vacation time.

Personally, as a match World Champion, I am in great favor of this match or any other match, because only match between two players, face to face, in my opinion can identify the best player. Although, small turnout in the Woman World Championship in Prague is a good reason for such match.

I wish you and Amangul good luck in your match and easy games :lol:

I would seriously consider possibility to play match with Amangul in Turkmenistan, because - to the best of my knoeldges, they have good government support, and you may get a nice sponsoring and bid here ... Just guessing

Regards,

Alex
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

alex

Postby kiwinurse on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:42 pm

forgive me alex i thought you were
kiwinurse

Women's World Championship Match

Postby Lindus Edwards on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 pm

Amangul won the Women's World Freestyle Tournament Championship in Prague - not the Women's World Freestyle Match Championship. Tournament play is entirely different to match play.
Before the events in Prague it was common knowledge(at least in the UK it was) that the winner of the women's tournament and the runner up would later play a match to determine an inaugural world freestyle women's match championship.
No one is trying to undermine Amangul's achievement in Prague - on the contrary in fact. An attempt is being made here to progress a step further by bringing together these two fine women players in an inaugural world freestyle match play championship.
It is sincerely hoped that this match will be contested in Wales and that sponsorship will be forthcoming in respect of both players.
Lindus Edwards

Re: Women's World Championship Match

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:40 pm

Lindus Edwards wrote:It is sincerely hoped that this match will be contested in Wales

WOW ! Good luck with bid, Lindus ! :lol: It will be a great match.
Alex_Moiseyev

Return to General Discussion