BRITISH OPEN GOLF

Discussion about sports besides checkers.

BRITISH OPEN GOLF

Postby tommyc on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Cmon Paddy Darren Clarke......................Northern Ireland is now the centre of the Golf Universe after Mc Dowell,McElroy and Clarke win the 3 Majors IN A YEAR.............up ye bhoya. Aye n dont forget Donegal Ulster Champs too..........cmon da Green n Gold.
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Re: BRITISH OPEN GOLF

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 am

tommyc wrote:Cmon Paddy Darren Clarke......................Northern Ireland is now the centre of the Golf Universe after Mc Dowell,McElroy and Clarke win the 3 Majors IN A YEAR.............up ye bhoya. Aye n dont forget Donegal Ulster Champs too..........cmon da Green n Gold.

congrats to Mr Clarke and all irish people :) what a fantastic year !!!!!!

Tommy, i was under the impression that we (aussies) were the green and gold, or did we flog that off the irish as well?? hahahahaha
cheers
Danny

PS what a likeable and down to earth fellow Mr Clarke was , i saw the post-game interview and i was impressed by his affable nature (which i am sure it is a natural irish trait :) )
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm

AYe Danny im wondering how yur Irish roots came about? Yus def stole the green n gold from us...!!
tommyc

Postby tommyc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Its alot of WATTLE.........Heres the real reason.Danny...................It was not until April 19, 1984, that green and gold were officially declared Australia's national sports colours by the then Governor-General, Sir Ninian Stephen.

The combination was, however, used in the jumpers, blazers and caps of the Australian cricket team to tour England in 1899, but was not ratified by the Australian Cricket Board until 1908.

It was also worn by the Australian Olympic team in that year, while the Australian Rugby League adopted the colours in 1928.

Green and gold were the popular choice to represent Australia internationally because the colours closely resembled those of our national emblem the golden wattle.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:18 am

tommyc wrote:AYe Danny im wondering how yur Irish roots came about? Yus def stole the green n gold from us...!!

LOL Tommy you gotta be careful about a nation of ex-convicts ... not quite sure we are trustworthy :roll:

Cheers
Danny_Alvarez

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Just by knowing that this is a quote from princess bride i am showing my nerdy side LOLOL

cheers
Danny_Alvarez

Return to Other Sports