CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 am

To say i have almost gone hoarse from yelling is an understatement .... to all my english friends sorry :)
and to the irish ones i have to tell you a big congratulations !!!!!!!! I was cheering the irish lads ALL DA WAY :D
So much so that i almost did a jig at the end of the game .

This has been UNBELIEVABLE ..... and inspirational :)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/cri ... 6015165778

I am so pumped up after this game..... as they say in Adidas " IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING"

cheers
Danny Alvarez
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Postby tommyc on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Aye deed Paddy is VERY proficient with the BAT[even it is boring cricket,its good th beat the AULD ENEMY LOL]..............it must come from the Hurling GENES? EH?
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 pm

I guess i shouldnt celebrate too much since England spanked us in the ashes.... it felt good though.
And it was nice to see how much the Irish lads celebrated their win.

Hurling is much more dangerous than cricket , isn't it Tommy?

cheers
Danny
Danny_Alvarez

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 am

Well if you drank too many pints of Guinness while celebrating you would be hurling too LOL
so u are right and wrong at the same time John.

Hurling is an ancient irish sport.... let me describe it.... imagine rugby .... now add STICKS roflmao....
i guess it does have certain similarities to lacrosse ...
believe it or not i have played hurling when i was young Tommy :)

i wouldnt try it now tho.... my sense of self-preservation is a lot keener now :mrgreen:

cheers
Danny
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Aye hurling is in my heart big time,in my teens i was a hurling fanatic and our local club team won a clean sweep of County Championship medals[and still have them 50yrs later] in all the championships.That was before i had to emigrate to England so ended my hurling career lol, tho i did play a cpl a games in my mid 40s but hehehe my best days were behind me.Its is reckoned HURLING is the fastest game in the world on grass ;fact.Danny i was surprised you held a hurling stick in yur hand? cmoooN MATEY. The stick in Gaelic is called a CAMAN and the ball SLIOTHER.
Im sure there are games on utube for anyone who hasnt seen it before,some ofthe best ever All Ireland Finals were hurling,with the strongest counties being KILKENNY,TIPPERARY,CORK,WATERFORD,OFFALY etc.

The All Ireland Fianl is on the 1st Sunday of Sept in Croke Park which is usually filled to the rafters with 87,000 fans in Dublin.Thats what i call hurling.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm

You'd be surprised at how many irish and brittish live in argentina. In fact when i tell my aussie friends that Cricket has been competitively played in Argentina longer than in Australia, they cannot believe it, yet it is true. I never was an ace at the game but i have played it. My sporting prowess has been limited to the a few freaky goals kicked from the corner spot in football (beckham would have been proud of me :) ) , and a lot of easy tries as a winger in rugby league. Hurling (the short experience i had with it) seemed very fast and very dangerous, but if you want to whack a guy in the head with a stick ..... make sure you are marking him and voila!!!! perfect excuse.

BTW don't want to scare you but i have gaelic blood in me.... 2 of my grandparents come from Galicia in northern spain and their language and culture is Celtic.... what i always say is, this is such a small world and getting smaller by the minute.

cheers
Danny
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Well as you know Danny the CELTS were everywhere,over here the Scot,Welsh and the Irish are all Celts.It seems if the didnt like you they just invadedLOL.
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm

My kids have Gaelic blood in them from both sides since some of my wife's ancestors are also from Galicia....
My father in law and my wife speak "Gallego" i understand a little, but i want to learn it and make sure my kids speak it well :)

I think sometimes we forget very quickly who we are and where we come from, specially if the reasons why our ancestors had to leave were unsavoury.

regards
Danny Alvarez
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:26 pm

HEHEHEHEH............VAN DEMENS HOTEL OCCUPANTS/PATRONS ??
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 am

ROFL Tommy.... good one!
Danny_Alvarez

Return to Broken Boards