KNOW ALL JONES

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

KNOW ALL JONES

Postby tommyc on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 am

Part of a report in the Irish Sunday Times by Rugby Correspondent Stephen Jones denegrading the beautiful game.Brought to my attention by Jim Somers (Wexford)

However, it is not the statistics that especially bother Cutherberson. He believes, as do so many others to whom we spoke, that the ELVs, and the game that the IRB is falling towards, betray rugby. “I find it all homogenous. Teams are playing the same game, in the same style. It lacks variety, and it is losing rugby’s special nature.

Rugby is meant to be a game of chess. Instead it is resembling a game of draughts.”
Always read "Cannings Compilation 2nd Edition" every day.
tommyc

Re: KNOW ALL JONES

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 am

I am used to watching rugby league and rugby union and i have to say that union has degenerated into some kind of kicking contest that has nothing to do with what the game is supposed to be....at club and regional level at least and sometimes sadly at international level too.

cheers & happy new year to you Tommy

D. Alvarez
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Did yu get your feet wet yet DANNY??.................
tommyc

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 pm

No Tommy, thank goodness we were fine.... but things here are not good. I live on top of a hill so i cant get flooded and my suburb was fine apart from a couple of newly sprung potholes. I've been busy helping others and still going with the business sale saga.... it just goes on and on. They are going to slug us with a flood tax now... which is just bloody great.

The economy is in a spin and i fear this will make things a lot harder for everyone. Mining and tourism are the bloodline of QLD and mining has been shut down by the floods and tourists are going to other states so they can have a good time.

My feet are still dry, but my gumboots are muddy :) i do wish the rain would stop falling. the flood has stopped but the rain just keeps falling 10 mm every day more or less.
Cheers Tommy, I hope you have a great 2011.
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Postby tommyc on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

My young lad was chatting to a cpl a Irish guys in Brisbane and they had everything put into the attic LOL.But they said they were on highish ground too.
tommyc

Return to Broken Boards