New forum name?

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Re: New forum name?

Postby jaguar72 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:40 pm

JohnAcker wrote:What do you guys think of renaming this forum "Checkers Books and Equipment," to have a formal place to talk about collectibles etc? We could just as easily put up sticky threads with info on the ACF Store and other major dealers, and people looking to buy or sell items would still post here. A new name would also offer a search engine advantage, as I don't think anyone looking for checkers equipment would use "market place" as a search keyword.

Just a thought.

John

But an excellent one as usual, John.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Postby Jay H on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 pm

JohnAcker wrote:What do you guys think of renaming this forum "Checkers Books and Equipment," to have a formal place to talk about collectibles etc? We could just as easily put up sticky threads with info on the ACF Store and other major dealers, and people looking to buy or sell items would still post here. A new name would also offer a search engine advantage, as I don't think anyone looking for checkers equipment would use "market place" as a search keyword.

Just a thought.

John

Great idea for a new forum in and of itself.
Here is a great collectible on sale at Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Wiswell-Checkers-Game-Whitmann-1954-/170591547388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b80c6ffc

Regards

Jay H
Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam !!!
Jay H

Postby jaguar72 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Great idea for a new forum in and of itself.
Here is a great collectible on sale at Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Wiswell-Checkers-Game-Whitmann-1954-/170591547388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b80c6ffc

Regards

Jay H

Good catch, Jay! I would bet there aren't many of those around.

Owning that would probably raise my game; after all, it's got Tom Wiswell's name on it. Checkers improvement by osmosis.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment