BBS

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

BBS

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:43 pm

I don't know - if original BBS topic was in bad conditions, or something wrong with my settings, but in fact - I am unable to post under previous "BBS topic" and open a new one.

====================================================================

I heard news that BBS was closed again ... very good news for me and I am sure - many of us :lol: Lets hope it will not be reopen in behalf of checkers and players. For some period of time, BBS was a positive element in checkers community, not today ! Atmosphere was degradated and people were degradated. Now people can return back to real life - family, checkers, work etc

I would like to thanks George Miller for creating BBS - it was on time and good for unity, and I appreciate him close forum ... also good for unity :lol:
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: BBS - topic #2

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Veto!!

I think it was quite informative, altough some abused it.
But it was free and open for all, so things like that may happen.
All in all, I wish it should reopen , the sooner the better!

Greetinx,

Ingo Zachos
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:52 pm

:oops:
Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

bbs

Postby jan mortimer on Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:21 am

There are very few on the internet who post messages of hate on the bbs,yes there is criticism on it, but thats healthy, we cant all be yes men. Alex you of all people posted most often on bbs,so you must have enjoyed doing that, or you wouldnt have posted quite so much.I disagree that the bbs site was more addictive than any other site, so why single it out?You can get more abuse in any gaming room,so why not try to shut those down as well?George Miller is doing a very valuable job for checkers worldwide on this site,and i believe it will continue, and i for one will applaud that.
jan mortimer

Re:

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:44 am

:lol:
Last edited by Lindus Edwards on Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindus Edwards

BBS

Postby Michael Holmes on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:32 am

I too feel like the BBS has been very good for the checker community overall. And I dont think the forum here at the ACF ever was intended to replace it. I also feel like the ACF Forum would have removed suched negative posts about the BBS already-regardless of who posted them.

I have trusted and helped our ACF president ever since his election in many ways and I will continue to support his ideas and strategy. I also feel like he will put an end to these negative posts soon.
Michael
Michael Holmes

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:20 pm

Alex, you agreed on all of my arguments, that's fine :-)

But you did not came to the same conclusion then me , that's bad :-(

Fact is, checkers, like love,arts, music and literature has the power to entertain you for your whole life, if this is a sin, I confess it, and like Aldous Huxley, I want to say I want love, poetry and freedom, I WANT SIN.

Did you realize that you were the man who suffered most on George Miller's BBS?
I simply ignored those who did not use clear names or just wanted to start a row.

Addiction begins if u suffer from the things that you want to stop, but can't stop doing...

Remember that u wanted to quit George Miller's BBS at least two times?

But you returned, although you claimed to suffer on that BBS. I think you did right to come back every time, becuse you should not have left.

I don't think you r addicted , or if, I am too, like all lovers of this game or any other game...

I liked being wished easy moves by you, when I posted leaving for Prague and expressed my fear of finishing last (and I know you didn't mean easy blunders as I commited at least thrice), so please think about your view, as I did, because as World Champion, and as a man very acquainted with both checkers literature and grandmaster play, knowing (and mastering!)about ALL styles of the game, you can give advice better then anyone else, like u did on this Forum, never stop ding that!

Just like you wished easy moves for me, I want to say "take it easy" to you, simply forget those who offended you without facing you eye to eye, they are not worth that you give up anything for them, even reading and posting on the most frequented information highways of checkers.
And with those who argue with you, like me now, that you know by name, don't fear them, they have different opinions, but you r still the man they WANT to beat (deep in their heart), and so , in your own way, you have been aspiring to them, no need for you to turn your back on them.

Greetinx from snowy-white Dortmund, Germany.

Ingo Zachos
Ingo_Zachos

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:33 pm

Ja, Lindus, Michael, Ingo - thanks for your input on this very sensitive matter. Now readers have a chance to observe different point views and think - which one is better match their feelings. All after all - nothing change in my opinion, but I am very flexable man and always open to others and listen them.

Perhaps one option George may have here - change decorationally site design as he already did once. This will not change anything in contest or spirit, but may give visitors "fresh shock" and impression that things change to better directions :idea:

I understand, as of today, BBS is the only place where some players can BEAT me, or think - they can do this :lol: HUH

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

BBS

Postby liam stephens on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:36 pm

Jan. a very good point there. Alex is a most most frequent poster on the BBS site and every time he says he is leaving it, he is back again within a matter of days. So, Alex, it is you who is addicted to the BBS site.

By the way, regarding your book, there is no one better than me to whom you can refer it for checking. I have a nodding acquaintance with Russian art and literature. I read "Eats Shoots and Leaves" for breakfast. I recite Pushkin in the afternoon and listen to Shostakovich Symphonies in the evenings, when I can spare the time. I was editor of the English Draughts Journal some years ago, and have recently been elected as Editor of the Irish Draughts Newsletter. I have proof read Oldbury's Ency Vol 1 and Razoo magazine. I'm sure Nick Mc Bride would give me a glowing reference. What more could you ask?

Finally I can tell you that I know Teresa Green which as a resident of Dublin, I am sure you are aware.

My consultation fee is quite reasonable at a reduced rate of $50 per minute.
liam stephens

Re: BBS

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:07 pm

liam stephens wrote:there is no one better than me

Hi, Liam ! I think Ryan Pronk is good enough to perform his job. I am not Pushkin or Shakespeare (yet) :idea: , and using such professional, genious, highly paid Editor would be too much for my book. :lol:

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:18 pm

Last edited by Alex_Moiseyev on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Moiseyev

liam

Postby jan mortimer on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:45 pm

:D I agree Liam, there is no one better than you.I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you in Ireland, and i never realized you were so educated in so many areas.
jan mortimer

jan

Postby liam stephens on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:01 pm

:lol: Thank you Jan, that's very kind of you. I'lltry not to blush. :oops:
liam stephens

Guest posts

Postby Ed Gilbert on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:03 pm

> Second time something happened with my post, and it was
> placed under GUEST nickname.

I think you posted without logging in. That appears to be permitted under this topic on the BBS.

-- Ed
Ed Gilbert

Next

Return to Broken Boards