"Alex's Mentor and Friend"--answer

A forum dedicated to odd facts and trivia about our favorite game.

"Alex's Mentor and Friend"--answer

Postby Mr. Checkers on Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:22 pm

About ten years ago when Alex was first introduced to 3-Move checkers this gentlemen of the checkerboard took Alex under his wing. They would play checkers for hours on end and as Alex improved one could see that the day would come when he would beat his dear friend. "Checker Trivia question of the Day" Who was his dear friend and mentor? (Cont.)
Last edited by Mr. Checkers on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Re: "Alex's Mentor and Friend"

Postby Jason Solan on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Would this be the great Anthony Kozenski? A very fine gentleman indeed.
Jason Solan
Site Admin

Re: "Alex's Mentor and Friend"

Postby Mr. Checkers on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:41 pm

Thank you Jason for giving us the correct answer to this fine question. I must share with you a story which my friend Tony once shared with me many years ago. When he came to America from the old country his mother had written TONY on his forehead which was a custom in case they got separated. So when he went through immigration in New York they put his name down as Tony. But what TONY really stood for was To New York=TONY. So ever since that time he was known as Tony. I am sure that he was just joking with us, but it was a good story in any case.
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to Checkers Facts and Trivia