Books by Vladimir Kaplan

Place to put books, transcripts, etc. for sale

Books by Vladimir Kaplan

Postby CoachMichaelCiamarra on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Been building up my checker book collection (emphasis on straight checkers but am looking at other variants of the game) and am searching for books by the late Vladimir Kaplan. He wrote extensively and exclusively about pool checkers. Anyone wanting sell their copies of Kaplan books or know whom I may inquire with will be most appreciated!!

Michael Ciamarra, Birmingham, Alabama
CoachMichaelCiamarra

Re: Books by Vladimir Kaplan

Postby jaguar72 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 pm

CoachMichaelCiamarra wrote:Been building up my checker book collection (emphasis on straight checkers but am looking at other variants of the game) and am searching for books by the late Vladimir Kaplan. He wrote extensively and exclusively about pool checkers. Anyone wanting sell their copies of Kaplan books or know whom I may inquire with will be most appreciated!!

Michael Ciamarra, Birmingham, Alabama

Mr. Ciamarra,

There is currently on eBay a copy of Kaplan's Tournament Checkers: An Introduction to Pool Checkers with a buy-it-now price of $63.00 (!) but it also has a make-an-offer option.

It's certainly not cheap or an impulse-buy price (not for me anyway...) but it is hardcover and looks from the photograph to be in good condition; sometimes the seller will accept a pretty low make-an-offer price (and, of course, sometimes not...).

Anyhow, there you have it. Hope this helps.

V/R,

Gary Jenkins/jaguar72
il faut (d'abord) durer...
jaguar72

Re: Books by Vladimir Kaplan

Postby CoachMichaelCiamarra on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you for the heads up. It is a good book if you want to learn the rudiments of that form of checkers. I already have a copy of this book. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
CoachMichaelCiamarra

Return to Checkers Books and Equipment