Attention All

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

Attention All

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:43 am

Throughout the whole of the past three weeks my name and reputation has been sullied by an anonymous poster at the BBS. A complaint to the internet police revealed the identity of this person and I have been advised to seek my legal remedies through a court of law. I shall be having a consultation with my solicitor on Monday with a view to initiating criminal proceedings for gross defamation of character.
As a checker player of thirty years standing I have, I feel, developed a good reputation as a player and as a person during that time. Due to the horrendous attacks I have suffered over the past few weeks on a daily basis I feel that my reputation has been destroyed by a coward who found it necessary to post under the alias "XX" at the BBS.
I shall not post a single word at the BBS or at this site again until I have received a complete exoneration of the false claims so maliciously hurled at me during the past weeks.
I shall be seeking financial compensation to the extent of five million US dollars.
Lindus Edwards

Re: Attention All

Postby Michael S. Sanders on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:48 pm

Hello Mr. Edwards. Nice to meet you, your reputation as both a gentleman and formidable opponent proceeds you.

Re: BBS Snafu - I've read this as well. Simple solution, just ignore him. Otherwise you've fallen right into his trap which is nothing other than wanting to irritate you. No one takes him seriously. Respectfully, if we don't feed the trolls then they'll stop. =) Elsewise, all the muckraking, drama, and jockeying for position wastes precious bandwidth and skewers the context of the given forum for everyone.
Michael S. Sanders

Attention All

Postby liam stephens on Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Dear Lindus,

Michael has a point. Your witty and informative postings have entertained us all for years, so why give them up. As I think I said once before, do not allow anyone to divert you from whatever path you choose to follow in life. Do not let a Bagpuss (world class chump) or acolyte Becksniff and their illiterate garbage to have any effect on you whatsoever. Your good name and reputation is secure in all those who know you and impervious to any mud that they can sling at you. I hope to see many more of your postings, both here and on the BBS, now and in the years to come.

With
warmest regards - Liam.
liam stephens

yep

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 pm

Well said Liam, i agree
kiwinurse

Re: Attention All

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:24 am

Thank you Michael, Liam and Jan for your kind words which I appreciate enormously.
It is gratifying to know that I am still looked upon with much respect following the bombardment of nefarious messages at the BBS, intended to break down my resolution and induce me to withdraw into seclusion.
To this end my persecutor has failed for I shall, in the words of the great Sir Winston Churchill, never surrender!
Due to the state of gross disarray at the BBS, caused as a direct upshot of the malevolent "XX", I have decided to await a semblance of normality to return to the now appalling imbroglio which sadly exists there.
It was a condition purposely created by a jealous individual whose mind was only capable of conjuring images from the gutter.
Lindus Edwards

Return to Broken Boards