New Checkers Site to Help Player Study!!!!

Upload and share images and games amongst fellow checker players.

New Checkers Site to Help Player Study!!!!

Postby Eric Strange on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:00 pm

The website is

http://cross-board.com/forums/index.php?act=checkers

It currently only has the OCA DATABASE loaded into it which is 20,515 games that u can watch in real time played out on playok.com's archive board which the owner was so nice to let me use. I am working on getting many more games on there very soon. Thousands of Gayp, 3-move, shots, and positions categorized into a tree style. If you would like to be a contributor to the page please send me pdn files to eric.j.strange@gmail.com. Thank you

-Eric Strange
Eric Strange

Re: New Checkers Site to Help Player Study!!!!

Postby Palomino on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 am

Hi Eric,

I want to thank you for sharing this with us. I've added it to my favorites. I think I'll be going there a lot.

I did have some trouble under the "Full Games" heading, the only game that I could get loaded was the "Dreaded Edinburgh" and the animation is flawed at move #3 (white moves twice in a row), as I worked my way down I found that under headings of the "End Games" and "Shots" nothing happens (a work in progress, I guess).

Under the heading "OCA Database" everything I tried seemed to load and work great, there's a lot there and I'll be going back to visit.

Again thanks for the great site ..."Pal" Bucker
CHECKERS: The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men.
Palomino

Postby Eric Strange on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:43 pm

The dreaded edinburgh thing was just thrown on there as a test when we first started making it...it will be removed shortly. The only games loaded are the OCA database which I said in my first post. The site is just beginning everyone. We are in the process of adding a search by name, a way for you to add games you like to favorites, and much more! There will be tons of old faithful games added shortly. If you have any questions suggestions feel free to let me know.

Thank you,

Eric Strange
Eric Strange

Postby Patrick Parker on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:27 pm

bravo ....are the games only going to go to like a depth of 20 moves give or take?
Patrick Parker

Postby Eric Strange on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm

No Patrick.... they will go to as far as the game is published... 5 moves or 500
Eric Strange

Postby Danny_Alvarez on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 am

I have just found this thread and i have to say I loved the site Eric. I mean to be able to see a game between Ryan & Tinsley.... my goodness that's just awesome. If I may, i will make a small criticism, the board is a tad too large. I have been here all day, (in between my phonecalls) and I saw some awesome historic games.

May i request games? :) can anyone help with the Hellman vs Ryan World Championship Match games>? (i won't put the date cause i'll get corrected to death lol, late 40's early 50's ?, I know it was a draw and Ryan failed to grab the title)

Again, congrats Eric a delight to visit the site.

Regards,
D. Alvarez
Amateur Checkerist, Professional Lover of the Game
Danny_Alvarez

Return to Checker Sharing