FRUSTRATION!

Discussion and analysis about certain positions.

FRUSTRATION!

Postby JMcDonald on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

Ok, so I was on kurnik and was playing against some guy (tourcheckers) and I kept offering draw because I KNOW this is a draw game. I ran out of time and he insisted he had THE WIN. I argued with him to play it again and let me show him that I could draw this position. He still wouldn't. I guess he's scared of getting proved wrong. :D So, you guys take a look at this and tell me what you think. Its RED TO MOVE and I was white. I put into WCC and it says DRAW ALL THE WAY THREW. Later

--The greatest paradox of scientific checker playing is that the player who loses the game sometimes demonstrates greater virtues and abilities than the winner--Wyllie Ryan
JMcDonald

Re: FRUSTRATION!

Postby BillyBoy on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:12 am

Its very simple... He did not care to think who had the win if you was behind on time he would of probably moved back and forth in a corner and took it that way. He did not want to admit that cause it sounds childish so he says he had it all the way. Some people find it very amusing to race as fast as they can and dont care about the game in general. If you sit back and watch these people you can see them miss double triples everything but they claim they are skilled cause they can play the game at a high speed. I think you ran into one of those players that just want to beat the clock. Billyboy
BillyBoy

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:37 am

JMcDonald wrote:I put into WCC and it says DRAW ALL THE WAY THREW.
Maybe, maybe ... Lets forget about time and about WCC. I see alot of ways here how white can screw things and I see alot of chances here for red. It is true that game is drawn, but at this point maybe we just should stop playing ? :lol:

So, my verdict is - he did a right thing continue playing this position. I would do the same, no matter how much time me or my opponent has. WCC verdict is not an argument, because we are playing with humans, not programs.

It is a human privlegey make mistakes.

But again - in this position red maintains a certain level of advantage. In the serious tournament game I would score 2-3 wins out of 10 games against many masters.

Regards,

Alex
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Postby Ingo_Zachos on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:18 pm

You played on kurnik and expected fair play?

Dreamer.
You can rent this space for advertising, if you like!
Ingo_Zachos

Postby JMcDonald on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

I was just trying to prove that this wasy a draw, Alex...you could be red here and I WOULD STILL DRAW against you, king, or whoever. I have played this position before, exact! Thats why I was frustrated with the player who said he had win NO MATTEER WHAT. In truth, you can screw this up many ways but if you have played this position before and it is in Goulds Problems, and you know it then you know your right. Just trying to prove a point that I could draw this, against , comp or human. I would not screw this up being me personally, easy DRAW.
--The greatest paradox of scientific checker playing is that the player who loses the game sometimes demonstrates greater virtues and abilities than the winner--Wyllie Ryan
JMcDonald

Postby Irma Sierra on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:37 pm

In kurnik, even if you both have 1 each they dont accept draw if they have more time, they want points.....play non rated!
just lady.......
Irma Sierra

Postby JMcDonald on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:39 am

Josh Armstrong wrote:How is this not a fair game? It is no ones fault but your own if you run out of time. It was right for the player to continue playing that game, and he doesn't have to play the game up if he doesn't want to. Seems fair to me.

Ok Josh, I never said it wasnt fair. He was right to take a TIMER win if I was out of time, but that just shows cheap atributes and poor quality of a player. If your going to play, play to win out right, not by no timer. It was a 20 min game by the way, I dont play quick games. I wanted to go back over the game UN RATED but he had his had so far up his @$$ that he would not because he knows Im right.
JMcDonald

Return to Positions