need help

Upload and share images and games amongst fellow checker players.

need help

Postby william on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Good evening ,

Could someone help out a computer illiterate guy ( ie. myself ) by telling me how I can regroup every Pdn file ( downloaded seperately ) of various ty's ...including the 22621 games of the OCA , so that when I click on search pos. in kingsrow i have them all in one click , without having to check for example 2006 stonehaven ; then exit , then go back and search pos. then click on file of for ex. 2009 gayp ( Yes I can hear some people chuckle , but I ain't got it yet :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) as I am sure there must be a much less tedious way of going about this ...and I am certain that it must be very simple GRRRRRR

MANY THANKS

william
william

Re: need help

Postby MostFamousDane on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:55 pm

1. Open a command prompt
2. Navigate to the directory that holds the pdn files (type cd "path" e.g. cd C:\Users\WindowsUser\Documents\Martin Fierz\CheckerBoard\games)
3. Merge the files by using the copy command (type e.g. copy file1.pdn + file2.pdn complete.pdn)
Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby william on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks sune

I am trying to translate that into french !!??

So If i goto search position , I click on search then goto folder that contains all the files but I cannot merge them
william

Postby MostFamousDane on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:14 pm

william wrote:Thanks sune

I am trying to translate that into french !!??

So If i goto search position , I click on search then goto folder that contains all the files but I cannot merge them

Lol - no you can't merge the files from within checkerboard you need to do it in a command prompt. If you click on the little icon at the bottom left of your screen (the windows icon) a menu pops up - depening on which version of windows you have the command prompt menu item is placed something like all programs -> accesorices. Click that and a window with a black background should appear. Thats step 1 :).
Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby MostFamousDane on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Anyway if it sounds too complicated mail me the files and I will mail you back a merged file.
Sune
MostFamousDane

Postby william on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Many thanks to everyone ,

I will try out , then let you all know my hit rate!!

William
william

Postby william on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:54 pm

john ,

so far so good , many many thanks .

I have one last problem .

I cannot seem to switch the txt to pdn , could you let me know the procedure please?*

Thanks again to you and everyone else

WILLIAM
william

Return to Checker Sharing