The 1939 10th. ACA National Tournament Book.................

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

The 1939 10th. ACA National Tournament Book.................

Postby Alan Millhone on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:57 pm

Hello Checker/Draughts Players and Book Collectors:

In front of me I now have the 50 numbered copies of this book. The book is spiral bound with a clear plastic covering on front and back. Just inside back cover is a heavier blue vinyl page to give the book added stability and protection. Book measures 5 1/2"'s wide and 8 1/2 "'s tall. Each book is individually hand numbered and contains 59 games that are heavily annotated. Page 1&2 contains the obituary of Mr. Asa Long by Richard Pask. You will then find on pages 4&5 an introduction by Mr. Richard Fortman.Page 6 details the facts in the case as to why the 10th. ACA Tourney was never published (interesting reading). Pages 8-9&10 lists the players and players and scoring by rounds.Thru the book between games you will find photos of the day and biographys of the players of note. Two players are still with us from that tourney, Mr. Gene Zuber of Ohio and Mr. Ed Bruch of N.Y. who is still very active in tournaments and furnished an extensive detail of his remembrances of the 10th. tourney and other observations thru his checkered career. Many games from the 10th. were never turned in to be recorded and kept. This book contains the important later rounds. The ACF will not get rich on this project and I note our ACF Store does not request an extra $5.00 for outside the USA orders. We will honor those made as of today from outside the USA but must ask that foreign orders add on the $5.00 to help defray postage/mailing costs. I bought a stack of padded mailers today and am ready to fill orders on hand and any new orders till our supply of the 50 books are depleted. All profit goes into the ACF Treasury. Each book's cover is individually numbered and individually signed by Mr. Richard L. Fortman, Mr. Jim Loy and myself. Please support the ACF and Checkers/Draughts and place an order for this historic book .

Sincerely:
Alan Millhone, President
American Checker Federation

===============================================

" I WILL READ 10TH. ACA BOOK EVERYDAY TILL MY COPY OF 'SIXTH' ARRIVES "
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

historic book

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:27 pm

alan, will try and post money in the next two weeks for it, how much altogether is it
kiwinurse

Hello from Alan

Postby Alan Millhone on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Hello Jan:

The total in USD will be $25.00. I will post your book tomorrow since you are a Life ACF Member and I know where you live:-)

Regards:
Alan
Alan Millhone
Alan Millhone
Site Admin

book

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:50 pm

ok alan thanks
kiwinurse

Return to General Discussion