Many Thanks Liam

Discussion about all things non-checkers.

movies

Postby kiwinurse on Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:02 pm

The 39 steps was a great book and movie, another of my favourites
kiwinurse

movies

Postby kiwinurse on Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:37 pm

Last night i went to see the Worlds Fastest Indian,starring Anthony Hopkins and made in Invercargill New Zealand.It was one of the most amazing movies ive ever seen, amazing in its theme of following your dream, not giving up etc, and was also very funny.I think its just being released overseas now,its about Burt Munro from New Zealand who still has the world title in the fastest indian motorcycle in the world, and he got the title as a sick old man.
kiwinurse

Re: Many Thanks Liam

Postby Palomino on Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:19 pm

That's great Jan, no one knows more than you about following a dream, and as a friend I look forward to the day we celebrate your reaching your goal of becoming the Lady's World Champion.

I didn't know that the Indian motorcycles had made it to New Zealand. My father-in-law's Indian "Junior Scout" Motorcycle sits in the garage at Cindy's mom's house (I think it sat unused in the barn for nearly 40 years), it is all rusty, tires are rotted and flat, dings and scratches all over it, the seat is torn up and more. Uncle Kenny (who has been in the motorcycle business in one way or another, all of his adult life) says it's worth $20,000.00 - $25,000.00 just as it sits. I wouldn't take it even if it were offered to me for a penny but I have to admit, it doesn't eat any hay, lol. Anyway I'm sure my 3 brother-in-laws will want to see the movie and I will tell them to look for it to come to the theathers here.

Regards, "Pal"
Palomino

cycle

Postby kiwinurse on Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:53 am

Thankyou Pal for your kind words and faith in me, i appreciate it very much.The movie wont just appeal to motorcycle lovers,everyone ive spoken to here whether male or female have loved it, because its more than a motorcycle story,and its a true story of a wonderful character who died a few years ago, virtually unknown, from a city i lived in,and whom Sir Anthony Hopkins has brought to life in this amazing story.Its also about the little people of the world, its not a glamorous movie star tale, but very real.
kiwinurse

Re: Many Thanks Liam

Postby Lindus Edwards on Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:06 pm

After reading your account of the movie Jan I can't wait to see it.
Lindus Edwards

Previous

Return to Broken Boards