Do we need a books ?

General Discussion about the game of Checkers.

Do we need a books ?

Postby Alex_Moiseyev on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:43 pm

Probably this is off-topic, because it's not a "trivia question" :lol: While playing checkers for almost ten years, I heard this question arised on many serious occasions and conversations, between top players and beginners.

I also heard a nice rumors, legends and tales about unknown players, who didn't read any book, didn't study anything and comeup to the certain level.

Well ... People are playing checkers for more than 200 years. Since the beginning of this way, 1800's, checkers theory tremendously improved, and today, in computer era, we know much more about this game. Should we say that our first champions - Anderson, Wyllie and many other played checkers very badly, didn't understand anything - only because they didn't comeup with right play immediately ? No ! The history and checkerws theory doesn't like any gaps. It is a normal process discover and explore the game by moving from good moves to better.

All these knoweldges were compressed and collected in books. Do I need today another 200 years for practice ? No ! I have books which already include experience and heritage accumulated for years.

If I don't have books today, then - yes, I may need decade or couple to improve !

Regards,

Alex Moiseyev
checkers player
I am playing checkers, not chess.
Alex_Moiseyev

Re: Do we need a books ?

Postby Mr. Checkers on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:57 pm

:lol:
Take care and God Bless. "Mr. Checkers"---Visit with "Inky" at: http://www.broenink-art.nl/maukie2.swf----"No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted". --Aesop--
Mr. Checkers

Return to General Discussion